The Student Room Group

Summetown accommodation

Hi! I'm an incoming Master's student and was assigned a room at the Summertown graduate accommodation. Looking at a map of Oxford, it seems quite a bit out of town (15 minutes by bike to city center and my college). Any thoughts on that particular graduate accommodation/ Summertown in general? Does it make sense to look for private housing that is more in the city center?
I don’t know about the accommodation specifically but Summertown is…meh…it’s alright but nothing special. It basically just has one main high street with a few shops and for me the only stand out one is the M&S. But you’re right, it really is a bit of a trek into town so you need to decide what your priorities are and if you want to be more central then yes, start looking at private accommodation.
Reply 2
Yes, it is a bit far out compared to central colleges. But sometimes I think Oxford students have a skewed perspective where everything outside a 5 mins walk of the centre is 'far'!

If you have a bike, it'll make it much easier. It depends how much you want to live in the centre and be able to walk easily around, as well as where your teaching or department is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending