The Student Room Group

What is 4chan?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperHuman98
I heard its a website with disturbing images (gore)

Original post by iHammmy
LOL are you stupid?

4chan is an image board with lots of different places to post. Sure there is lots of gore but there are lots of other boards to discuss things like politics etc.

She was referring to 4chan hackers who hacked loads of people including sarah Palin. They like an Internet terrorist lol
Reply 22
Original post by retro_turtles
Say what you want but eh

Have you ever actually been on it?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Where 'nice' guys hang. And, the layout looks like it belongs back in 2006.

:rofl:That shade

If you go on it, the internet police will come and find you :/
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
If you go on it, the internet police will come and find you :/

Original post by saraxh

Just go on the website and find out for yourself
Reply 27
It isn't that serious. It is a site with (almost) no censorship and (almost) complete anonymity. It used to house some pretty dark stuff when it was smaller but now that its more mainstream its just become a hub for trolls and the alt right (not saying that they are one and the same). There are a few boards where people just discuss their interests like anime, fashion, fitness and guns. If you want to see what its like without actually browsing the site you can go on reddit.com/r/4chan
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr T 999
Just go on the website and find out for yourself

Hellll No thanks :frown:
Original post by saraxh

It's an image board site. I browse it a bit. Just go to it and see.
Original post by NotNotBatman
It's an image board site. I browse it a bit. Just go to it and see.

Idk I've heard some dark stuff about it :/
Original post by adil_
It isn't that serious. It is a site with (almost) no censorship and (almost) complete anonymity. It used to house some pretty dark stuff when it was smaller but now that its more mainstream its just become a hub for trolls and the alt right (not saying that they are one and the same). There are a few boards where people just discuss their interests like anime, fashion, fitness and guns. If you want to see what its like without actually browsing the site you can go on reddit.com/r/4chan

/r/4chan mainly just seems to be people finding novel ways of worshipping Donald Trump and insulting SJWs. It used to be funny but not any more.
Reply 33
Original post by Plagioclase
/r/4chan mainly just seems to be people finding novel ways of worshipping Donald Trump and insulting SJWs. It used to be funny but not any more.

Yeah its become very hit and miss but it'll give OP a good idea of what to expect from 4chan
Original post by saraxh
Idk I've heard some dark stuff about it :/

Just like on every site, there are different things on it. Like reddit has dark stuff, but I've still used it everyday for the past 2-ish years, but I'm not browsing watchpeopledie or something like that. Not everything on 4chan is dark, it's just over-dramatic nonsense.

You can choose what you want to view, if you're interested in the site use it, but if you're not, then don't. There's much worse stuff on other sites than what's on 4chan.
It's an image board.
It's an image board where everyone is posts anonymously. Lots of gore, illegal stuff and p***
4chan.orggo look around you'll understand how it worksit's just boards for different genres and in those boards are threads where they talk about specific topics within the genre of the board.
watch this and the truth will be revealed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM-booRzCYY
Original post by retro_turtles
Say what you want but eh

It's just a discussion forum, it's not a big deal. This said, downloading tor and going to the dark web is always good fun.

Quick Reply

Latest