The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy work experience

Hey everyone

I am planning to apply physiotherapy at university. I got A* and 2 A in maths, chemistry and biology. I am thinking about applying Cardiff or Keele University etc.

However, there is something bother me. I had a 1-week observation in a physiotherapy clinic and also got a reference letter from a qualified physiotherapist.
Bringing to my question, is that enough work experience to apply university?

Any advise would be great! Thanks:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by isaac24680
Hey everyone

I am planning to apply physiotherapy at university. I got A* and 2 A in maths, chemistry and biology. I am thinking about applying Cardiff or Keele University etc.

However, there is something bother me. I had a 1-week observation in a physiotherapy clinic and also got a reference letter from a qualified physiotherapist.

Work experience in private clinics is an advantage, but normally you would be required to understand the scope of physiotherapy and demonstrate this form your experience. So work experience placements from a range of different areas would be more desired. Hope this is of help to you:smile:
Reply 2
Very well done on those awesome grades!!

Try and get some work experience within the NHS if you can. Universities will be encouraging you to work within the NHS upon graduating, and will therefore favour applicants who have experienced the profession in a hospital/NHS commissioned organisation. A day spent shadowing different specialities of Physio should be enough to give a good reflection in your personal statement.

Hope this helps!

Original post by isaac24680
Hey everyone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending