The Student Room Group

Advice on where to apply thanks to a below par UKCAT

I just did my UKCAT and scored 623 average thanks to a computer that froze throughout the exam which pearson are looking into but I doubt much will change my grades are
GCSE: 3A* 4A 3B 1C (I went to school with 40% getting 5A*-C and the C comes from the school messing up IT for the entire school)
AS levels- AAAB (Bio, Chem, History, Maths)

I really don't know where to apply besides Keele and perhaps Liverpool. and could really do with some advice. Thank you
Bristol if your PS is solid, but it looks like you'll be better of taking the BMAT and apply to a couple of them.
Did you let them know about the computer freezing as it was happening ? Surely they could have stopped the test and allowed you to start another? Have you got some paperwork to show what happened?

Your AS grades show that you can meet the entry requirements., so I wouldn't give up maybe consider entering for the BMAT and applying to one BMAT uni?
Original post by redhelen
Did you let them know about the computer freezing as it was happening ? Surely they could have stopped the test and allowed you to start another? Have you got some paperwork to show what happened?

Your AS grades show that you can meet the entry requirements., so I wouldn't give up maybe consider entering for the BMAT and applying to one BMAT uni?

The invigilator was staring right at the screen after I called him over because it was freezing and it had been doing so multiple times throughout the exam. I was given an incidence number and told to call Pearson which I did immediately after the Exam and they said they're investigating it.
[QUOTE=Boredomstrikes;67815430]I just did my UKCAT and scored 623 average thanks to a computer that froze throughout the exam which pearson are looking into but I doubt much will change my grades are
GCSE: 3A* 4A 3B 1C (I went to school with 40% getting 5A*-C and the C comes from the school messing up IT for the entire school)
AS levels- AAAB (Bio, Chem, History, Maths)

I really don't know where to apply besides Keele and perhaps Liverpool. and could really do with some advice. Thank you

I second Bristol if you feel your PS is strong enough. There's also biomed at some unis with the option to transfer to medicine after a year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending