The Student Room Group

How do i get paid?

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samantham999
This is a dumb question but i'm starting a job in retail next month and i need to provide my bank details in person
what do i give? the account number?
P.s shall i write it on paper or take my card?

They will usually get you to fill in all the paperwork before you start, which will include your bank details etc. Usually its the account number an sort code you need to give.
Original post by samantham999
This is a dumb question but i'm starting a job in retail next month and i need to provide my bank details in person
what do i give? the account number?
P.s shall i write it on paper or take my card?

atm or debit card generally has all the information you need , as does a statement

the key things are

-your name as it appears on the account

- which bank it is (obvious!) and which branch ( not so obvious)

- the sort code which is nn -nn - nn ( the first two also say which bank it is e.g.) if you bank with HSBC the first two numbers are 40 - the next two indicate which branch . section manages your account )
- your account number ( usually 8 digits )

- if you bank with some of the building societies / former building societies they might also need the 'roll no' .
Original post by zippyRN
atm or debit card generally has all the information you need , as does a statement

the key things are

-your name as it appears on the account

- which bank it is (obvious!) and which branch ( not so obvious)

- the sort code which is nn -nn - nn ( the first two also say which bank it is e.g.) if you bank with HSBC the first two numbers are 40 - the next two indicate which branch . section manages your account )
- your account number ( usually 8 digits )

- if you bank with some of the building societies / former building societies they might also need the 'roll no' .

Thank you so much :smile:
thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Emma:-)
They will usually get you to fill in all the paperwork before you start, which will include your bank details etc. Usually its the account number an sort code you need to give.

thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending