The Student Room Group

Should I still apply?

Hello! I posted this elsewhere on the forum, but received no answer. I would like to go to Aston to study Logistics with Transport Management - but I currently miss the entry requirement for Maths GCSE (a C) by four marks. I'm on track to getting D*D*D* on an Aviation Operations BTEC, well above the entry condition for that, and I have a B in English. I am re-sitting maths in November, but I'm quite worried I'll still not pass - so should I still apply, even if I don't get it (again).
Nah
Reply 2
Original post by dstheticket
Hello! I posted this elsewhere on the forum, but received no answer. I would like to go to Aston to study Logistics with Transport Management - but I currently miss the entry requirement for Maths GCSE (a C) by four marks. I'm on track to getting D*D*D* on an Aviation Operations BTEC, well above the entry condition for that, and I have a B in English. I am re-sitting maths in November, but I'm quite worried I'll still not pass - so should I still apply, even if I don't get it (again).

You can apply but Aston may require you to have the Maths GCSE; it could be in your offer.
Reply 3
Original post by dstheticket

You really need the required grade for GCSE subjects. So stop worrying you won't do it, and really really try. Even if you have to focus on nothing but maths for a few weeks, you can then make up the missed BTEC work over the Christmas holidays. But you must get that GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending