The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Should I apply to LSE?

Hi,
I was wondering if I should apply to LSE with the subjects combinations of business, economics and maths. I know that business and economics are counted as their non preferred subjects and one of my teachers suggest to not apply as the likely hood of being rejected will be high so it might be a waste of one choice. I already know that I will be in some sort of disadvantage but LSE is my dream uni. So shall i still apply?

Predicted - A* A A
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I was wondering if I should apply to LSE with the subjects combinations of business, economics and maths. I know that business and economics are counted as their non preferred subjects and one of my teachers suggest to not apply as the likely hood of being rejected will be high so it might be a waste of one choice. I already know that I will be in some sort of disadvantage but LSE is my dream uni. So shall i still apply?

Predicted - A* A A

For what course would you be applying? Also, in which of your three subjects is the A* predicted?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by DataVenia
For what course would you be applying? Also, in which of your three subjects is the A* predicted?

I would like to apply for accounting and finance. I achieved A* for economics.
Reply 3
Hi,

Predicted - A* A A

LSE favours Further math ,physics ,chemistry and english A level students and probably want all 9s for GCSE. acceptance rate for economics is like 7%.The chances are slim. I mean go ahead you can apply up to 5 universitys ,never hurts to try your luck.
I’d apply.

Business is “non-preferred” but you are taking two traditionally academic/preferred subjects. From their website:

“Some subjects provide a less effective preparation for study at LSE. We refer to these as non-preferred subjects; please see the list below for guidance. These subjects should only be offered in combination with two traditional academic subjects.

Keep in mind that it’s still a competitive course.
Hi,

Predicted - A* A A

You should definitely apply. I am a current A&F Student at LSE and I know people who took that exact combination. Ignore the teacher as she does not work for the uni and probably didn't attend LSE...

The main thing is the personal statement make it specific to Accounting and Finance, both of them, and make it unique.
go for it queen
Reply 7
Hi,

Predicted - A* A A

Hey how did it go for you? I do business economics and philosophy and want to apply to LSE too. Did you get in or get rejected in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending