The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Travel and housing issues

Hello there! This is Amina, nice to meet you!
I'm willing to move to Canterbury so soon to start my pre sessional courses, I'm just wondering if I could take a bus directly to Parham road from the airport instead of taking a taxi because it's a bit costly for me. I'm also wondering if I could find a decent and cheap rent in the vicinity of Canterbury university, because my accommodation room is expensive for me, so I'm afraid I'll be left with no money. Your help please!
Moved into the Canterbury uni section.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Amina gh
Hello there! This is Amina, nice to meet you!
I'm willing to move to Canterbury so soon to start my pre sessional courses, I'm just wondering if I could take a bus directly to Parham road from the airport instead of taking a taxi because it's a bit costly for me. I'm also wondering if I could find a decent and cheap rent in the vicinity of Canterbury university, because my accommodation room is expensive for me, so I'm afraid I'll be left with no money. Your help please!

Where are you flying to? Which airport?

You can get a coach from Gatwick to Canterbury Bus Station then a taxi from there to Parham Road if you have a lot of luggage, or you could get a no. 6 or 8 bus if you don't have much. I would get a taxi from the bus station. www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx

You can get the underground train from Heathrow to St Pancras International then catch a train to Canterbury West. Again get a taxi from there to Parham Road.

I think Parham Road is the cheapest accommodation. But you could look for other places once in Canterbury.

Good luck with your journey.
Margaret

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending