The Student Room Group

What is cultural Marxism?

I have posted this as a response to another post of mine indicated that the concept was not understood.

Cultural Marxism is a type of brainwashing that has infected out government, mass-media, civil service, education system etc.

At a certain stage, things like feminism, racial equality, religious equality, sexuality equality were promoted. Whereas Marxism promoted equality of wealth, cultural Marxism holds that all groups are equal. It's a flawed theory because nature is not equal and hence groups are not equal. What is has convinced people to do is put coloured goggles on and refuse to look at facts if they contradict the theory and label everyone who does not buy into the theory as a "hater". Hence it brings with it concepts like a "hate crime" which is really just a crime.

Cultural Marxism went one step further than group equality with an idea called affirmative action. This effectively says that some groups are more equal than others. Affirmative action creates victims for example Christians practise their beliefs for fear of being sued while Muslims can, suitably qualified people may be overlooked for a job because they don't fit diversity quotas and a man and a women have rough sex (like Ched Evans) and the man and only the man is convicted of rape.

Cultural Marxism is so full of contradictions because it is brainwashing.

Gay marriage is good for Christianity and not Islam. Black group identification is good but white group identification is evil so African nationalists are good but European nationalists are evil. It's terrible to offend people unless they are white, male, Christian or banker.

Anyone who does not buy into the theory is supposedly trying to victimise and demonise people though KKK type lynchings. I heard an LBC presenter saying that we recently understood what a criticism of political correctness was, and that is was people wanting to freely say they wanted to go back to the dark old days of discrimination. My observations was that his world view simply didn't perceive the full ideology of cultural Marxism.

Cultural Marxism has because the new oppressive ideology, censoring people who do not conform, firing people from their jobs for using old terms / slogans not revised terms e.g. Terms for groups. If I was to use a 1940s term for certain groups, I would be labelled a heretic. It's simply a construct and the owners of the construct deem that group must get insulted if up to date terms are not used.

The worst thing is that most of the believers of this theory are like useful idiots. The people who put forward this theory like the Clinton's are major slaughterers of the groups they seem to promote e.g. Hillary Clinton defending the deaths of half a million Iraqi children in the mid 1990s caused by embargoes.
(edited 7 years ago)
TL;DR
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Orbital Rising
TL;DR

Your post was too short.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lollypop100
Your post was too short.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go back to sleep goy.
Reply 4
Original post by Orbital Rising
Go back to sleep goy.

That is not possible as the BIZWOG media information has been shown to be false and the decoding of this information has reached critical mass. We are in a game changing world now, only many people are still asleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is no such thing as "equal" in this context at all. There is also no such thing as unequal. You just can't quantify any of this stuff, except with your own subjective and vague interpretation of it which clearly is not definitive and is highly equivocal.
Reply 6
Original post by KingBradly
There is no such thing as "equal" in this context at all. There is also no such thing as unequal. You just can't quantify any of this stuff, except with your own subjective and vague interpretation of it which clearly is not definitive and is highly equivocal.

There is an idealistic concept of equal though.

Otherwise why are there terms like gender equality?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's what right wing morons use to dismiss any complaints about neo-liberalism as Karl Marx was essentially one of the first big anti-establishment hipsters.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
The reason cultural marxism is so full of contradictions, as you say, is because the sexism, racism and all forms of discrimination our society was built on were contradictory (in your sense) to start with. People who oppose cultural marixism (although I don't really see anyone actively support it...) seem to think if we stop talking about all these forms of discrimination, just ignore them, they will all go away. I think it's because most either can't accept that implicit biases are a casual factor of lots of discrimination or are just explicitly white-supremacist and etc. Lots of the time the term sits next to "white genocide" which shows the type of people who believe in it...
There's no such thing as "cultural Marxism" as the term is used by far-right nuts. The claim, fabricated from whole cloth, is that somehow there is a conspiracy by evil progressives to turn everyone gay etc etc. It's completely paranoid and tends to be something believed by people who are extremely embittered at their own lack of accomplishments, their inability to achieve anything or secure a decent/professional job, their lack of success with the opposite sex (or their mental issues arising from being deeply in the closet and ashamed of their homosexuality).

I pity people who push this conspiracy; they invariably very sad, pitiful lives.
Reply 10
From what I see cultural marxism is applied to the Frankfurt school, its critical theory and the effect it have had on humanity studies in the 60s and later on media and politics. The critical theory is basically marxist theory applied in the sphere of society instead of economy like in classical marxism.
Reply 11
Original post by Lollypop100
There is an idealistic concept of equal though.

Otherwise why are there terms like gender equality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"equality" is meaningless in of itself. Equality of what qualities? And then, we have to distinguish bewteen equality as a descriptor of how things are, and equality of how we think things should be
Anyway, when you say groups aren't equal, in regards to what qualities are you talking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexanderHam
There's no such thing as "cultural Marxism" as the term is used by far-right nuts. The claim, fabricated from whole cloth, is that somehow there is a conspiracy by evil progressives to turn everyone gay etc etc. It's completely paranoid and tends to be something believed by people who are extremely embittered at their own lack of accomplishments, their inability to achieve anything or secure a decent/professional job, their lack of success with the opposite sex (or their mental issues arising from being deeply in the closet and ashamed of their homosexuality).

I pity people who push this conspiracy; they invariably very sad, pitiful lives.

PRSOM
theres no such thing. Its just a myth from alt right and right wing morons so they can add value to their otherwise miserable lives.
Marxism for pretentious cockwombles, ain't it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending