The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

Got a question? We're here to help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MacDaddyHmeek
Hello,

My Name is harmeek and i didnt do so well in my 2nd year, in fact its looking very unlikely that im going into 3rd year. i would need to resit my 2nd year but wouldnt mind moving onto a different course within the uni.

i would need some assistance asap

Hi Harmeek,

What course would you like to study?

What course are you currently studying?

Once I know more information about your current studies and what you're interested in, I can try to help :smile:

Kind regards,

Leanne
Northampton
Original post by Ellencawley
I have an offer for the fashion marketing with foundation year course and was wondering which campus would be better to find halls in park or avenue! 😊

Hi Ellen,

If you're studying Fashion Marketing, it's probably more convenient for you to live on Park Campus as you'll spend most of your time here. You'll be down at Avenue Campus 1 day per week. Although you may be interested in living off both campus' and living in St John's Halls of Residence in the Town Centre.

Applications for Accommodation will open Mid-end March so keep an eye on your emails :smile:

Kind regards,

Leanne
Reply 22
Hi

I've just made Northampton one of my choices, but I need to provide a copy of my Maths GCSE certificate to the uni by June. How would I go about doing this?

Thank you
Original post by cold man
Hi

I've just made Northampton one of my choices, but I need to provide a copy of my Maths GCSE certificate to the uni by June. How would I go about doing this?

Thank you

You'll need to send them to [email protected]

-MS
Hi, I have an unconditional offer which is my firm, and I have received two emails from the Uni, the first being about accomodation, the second starting:
"Further to our email sent to you recently with details of your Offer, please find important information with regards to your offer below."
I was wondering if I should have had another email?

Original post by Laur1996
Hi, I have an unconditional offer which is my firm, and I have received two emails from the Uni, the first being about accomodation, the second starting:
"Further to our email sent to you recently with details of your Offer, please find important information with regards to your offer below."
I was wondering if I should have had another email?

Hi Laura

We apologies if that wording has confused you! The second email is the standard offer email that applicants receive once they get notification about the offer through UCAS. So no need to worry, as all the information about your offer is in that email, you would not have received anything else before it :smile:

Hope this helps!

Have you joined our FB group yet? You can ask us questions, find and chat with your future course mates here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2016Applicants/

Ksenia
Original post by The University of Northampton
Hi Laura

We apologies if that wording has confused you! The second email is the standard offer email that applicants receive once they get notification about the offer through UCAS. So no need to worry, as all the information about your offer is in that email, you would not have received anything else before it :smile:

Hope this helps!

Have you joined our FB group yet? You can ask us questions, find and chat with your future course mates here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2016Applicants/

Ksenia

Thanks, that's great! :smile:
Original post by Laur1996
Thanks, that's great! :smile:

Always happy to help! :smile:

Ksenia
Reply 28
Hi, I've been trying to apply for accommodation but the only accommodation available is a twin ensuite in simon senils and william carey halls, want to know is there any other rooms than a twin en suite ?? Please help me asap.
Reply 29
Hi,

I am soon to be joining the university of Northampton and am quite anxious about starting. One of my concerns resides with my books and reading list. I have not received any mention of a reading list in any of emails or letters from the university and I have seen no reference of this on the university website. The course I am on is Bsc Psychology, course code c800.
Any help with this matter is much appreciated.
kind regards
Aaron Clarke
hi, I am looking to apply to university of Northampton in the near future for entry 2017, I was wondering if you give unconditional offers for any of your education courses specifically BA (Hons) primary education 5-11. thanks :smile:
I have applied for adult nursing march 2017. I applied on the 7th September. How long does it take to find out if i will get offered an interview.
Original post by PintSizeElf
I have applied for adult nursing march 2017. I applied on the 7th September. How long does it take to find out if i will get offered an interview.

Hi, we are currently in the process of going through applications. Interviews don't tend to start until mid-November, if you are successful we will give you at least two weeks notice.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Michelle
Original post by fengirl007
hi, I am looking to apply to university of Northampton in the near future for entry 2017, I was wondering if you give unconditional offers for any of your education courses specifically BA (Hons) primary education 5-11. thanks :smile:

Hi, all applicants on our education courses need to be interviewed so we could not give you an unconditional offer until after your interview and upon successful completion of the DBS.

You may also be interested in this group for 2017 applicants to the university: http://bit.ly/2017Applicants

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Michelle
Hi,
Im very interested in attending university here. I know for accommodation you can get twin en-suite and I was wondering if you can request to share with someone of your own choice (my friend also wishes to attend here).
Thanks.
Original post by Georgie-Pie
Hi,
Im very interested in attending university here. I know for accommodation you can get twin en-suite and I was wondering if you can request to share with someone of your own choice (my friend also wishes to attend here).
Thanks.

Hi Georgie

You can request to share with someone of your choice, you will need to email the accommodation team once the applications for accommodation open. I hope this helps.

Kylie
Hi, for the undergraduate Primary Education course leading to QTS I have been invited to an interview. I haven't received much detail about it other than the time and date. Do you know what the interview will consist of, what I'm expected to do, if there is anything I need to prepare beforehand and the duration of the interview? (so I can arrange travel back) Many thanks! :smile:
Original post by Aurora_Marco
Hi, for the undergraduate Primary Education course leading to QTS I have been invited to an interview. I haven't received much detail about it other than the time and date. Do you know what the interview will consist of, what I'm expected to do, if there is anything I need to prepare beforehand and the duration of the interview? (so I can arrange travel back) Many thanks! :smile:

Hi ,

You can check out the interview guidance notes on our website. http://www.northampton.ac.uk/study/courses/interview-days/

I hope this helps, if you have any questions drop us an email [email protected]

Kylie
Hi, I have applied for BA Illustration and been given a conditional offer (confirmed on UCAS). Today I received an email saying: 'We have made you an offer of a place on your chosen course and are inviting you to attend an interview to find out about the course and facilities and to have a two way interview with tutors.'

If the interview doesn't go too well could I lose my conditional offer? Or is it just so that I can meet the tutors and learn about the course?

Original post by drewbasaur
Hi, I have applied for BA Illustration and been given a conditional offer (confirmed on UCAS). Today I received an email saying: 'We have made you an offer of a place on your chosen course and are inviting you to attend an interview to find out about the course and facilities and to have a two way interview with tutors.'

If the interview doesn't go too well could I lose my conditional offer? Or is it just so that I can meet the tutors and learn about the course?

Hi

The interview is a chance to meet your tutors and learn more about the course. However it is also part of the interview process and a chance for the tutors to see your work, however, it is not the only aspect of the admissions process so I wouldn't put to much pressure on yourself.

We have put together a blog with some tips for your interview which may help :smile:

https://medium.com/@UniNorthants/6-tips-guaranteed-to-nail-a-university-interview-dcd3f1ed695a#.xgui9473j

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions :smile:

Kylie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending