The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Clearing Advice for Prospective Students

Hi everyone,

As representatives at the University of Kent, we're here to give some small helpful and calming advice for prospective students who are going through Clearing this year.
First of all, we know it can be really daunting to find yourself in Clearing. You might be feeling disappointed or stressed, but it's important to remember that you're not alone. Thousands of students go through Clearing every year, and there are plenty of universities out there who are still looking for students.

So, what can you do to make the most of Clearing? Here are a few tips:

Do your research. Before you start calling universities, take some time to research the courses that are available in Clearing. Make a list of the courses that you're interested in, and then find out more about them. You can use the UCAS website or the university websites themselves to find this information.

Be prepared to compromise. It's unlikely that you'll be able to get your first choice course through Clearing. So, be prepared to compromise on your course choice, location, or university. The most important thing is to find a course that you're interested in and that you think you'll enjoy.

Be proactive. Don't wait for universities to call you. Once you've identified a few courses that you're interested in, start calling the universities directly. The sooner you get in touch, the more likely you are to get a place.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you're not sure about anything, don't be afraid to ask the university questions. The Clearing team will be happy to help you.

We all know that Clearing can be a stressful time, but it's important to remember that it's not the end of the world. There are still plenty of great universities out there who are looking for students. Just take a deep breath, do your research, and be proactive. You'll be fine!
If you have any questions about Clearing, please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be more than happy to help in any way that we can.

Warm regards,
Alia, Chloe, David and Natalie
Reply 1
Hi there, i just made an application to Kent through clearing in the morning. It is the only uni i want to go to really. How long until i hear back if i got an offer or not? The suspense is horrible
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by deweirdo
Hi there, i just made an application to Kent through clearing in the morning. It is the only uni i want to go to really. How long until i hear back if i got an offer or not? The suspense is horrible

Hi @deweirdo,

I hope you're well.

Thank you for your interest in the University of Kent. I completely understand that the suspense of waiting to hear back from Clearing can be difficult.

Once you have submitted your Clearing application, we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. This can take anywhere from 24 - 72 hours, but it could be sooner, especially if you applied early :smile:. We will contact you by phone or email, so really, all you need to do is make sure that your contact details are up-to-date on your UCAS application. Well done on all your efforts so far, just relax and take it easy now :smile:.

I hope this helps to ease your anxiety a little bit. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.:biggrin:

Best wishes,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative
Reply 3
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @deweirdo,

I hope you're well.

Thank you for your interest in the University of Kent. I completely understand that the suspense of waiting to hear back from Clearing can be difficult.

Once you have submitted your Clearing application, we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. This can take anywhere from 24 - 72 hours, but it could be sooner, especially if you applied early :smile:. We will contact you by phone or email, so really, all you need to do is make sure that your contact details are up-to-date on your UCAS application. Well done on all your efforts so far, just relax and take it easy now :smile:.

I hope this helps to ease your anxiety a little bit. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.:biggrin:

Best wishes,

Thank you so much for answering! Just another question, the representative on the phone said that i do meet the entry requirements but he said that there are kinda spaces available but he wasnt clear on it. What are the chances of not getting an offer?
I declined my firm offer so i can apply to kent but im really worried that i will not get an offer now and ill be left with no unis. For my course the rest of the unis who do it are all really far from me and i cannot travel that far. so kent is my only resort
Original post by deweirdo
Thank you so much for answering! Just another question, the representative on the phone said that i do meet the entry requirements but he said that there are kinda spaces available but he wasnt clear on it. What are the chances of not getting an offer?
I declined my firm offer so i can apply to kent but im really worried that i will not get an offer now and ill be left with no unis. For my course the rest of the unis who do it are all really far from me and i cannot travel that far. so kent is my only resort

No worries, more than happy to help.

That's normal, please don't worry! Just so you are aware, it's a rule for our university to not explicitly mention exactly how many spaces are available in a course, whether certain prospective students will enter, more specific information, etc. which may explain the ambiguity here.
As a student rather than representative, I would say there's not too much reason to stress. You applied early, have the necessary grades, and there are spaces available in your desired course. Personally, I'd bet on you getting in :smile:. Just don't tell anyone I said that :wink:

If you still are worried, feel free to continue calling the University, or asking us more questions - we're more than happy to help. In fact, that's why we're here!

Another thing I'd recommend is to call back and ask to speak to a Clearing supervisor who will be able to look at your specific application. This would be a really good move.

Again, if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Best,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending