The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
:frown: **** i did'nt get an accomadation place, i guess its cors i live in kent, i shall try to apply to other accomadtions around london, any ideas wot i should do? you guys are lucky to get into halls im jealous :frown: ahh im goin to put my head in the sand. :P
xx
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 41
i got walden street - as did my best friend and her friend.. so we're all pretty delighted!
only concern is now whether or not we're in the same house, and who we're sharing with...
because we want to buy like a microwave and things - and sort out who's bringing what so that we don't end up with 5 toasters..
but i guess we'll just have to wait till september before we know!
Reply 42
I still haven't heard from the housing services about accomodation. Grrr. I applied to Cordwainers Court, Don Gratton and Manna Ash.
Ive just got my accomodation offer...ewen henderson
thats ****in not fair---so if the students from abroad not, who gonna get don gratton and other pop places?!:-S gosh i cant believe it, and also im a foundation student so i will have the same problem with the moving in date:-SS and this acc will cost more because of the long contract lenght:frown:(
oooooh:frown:((
okay i know its not a bad place but uuhhhhhhhhh..am so disappointed right now
rhiWICKED
i got walden street - as did my best friend and her friend.. so we're all pretty delighted!
only concern is now whether or not we're in the same house, and who we're sharing with...
because we want to buy like a microwave and things - and sort out who's bringing what so that we don't end up with 5 toasters..
but i guess we'll just have to wait till september before we know!

Cal them up, I mean the manage at Walden Street and ask them very nicely if you guys could be allocated in the same house. They would say no at first coz it's the standard answer, but just push a bit and they might still say no, but would actually do it for you guys. Coz it does them no harm or extra work. BUt be sure be nice and polite, and if the firts attempt doesnt work, try call for a few more times after a few days... being annoying works sometimes...
Reply 45
Hello guys ~
This is my 1st post here, nice to meet you all.

I just got a problem and it's quite annoying me, i would like to hear some comments and suggestions.

Few weeks ago, I sent back my Accommodation form, and my choices were:
1) Don Gratton House
2) Manna Ash
3) Julian Markham

Today, I just got their email back, they put me in Julian Markham (my 3rd choice). Although I'll be studying in LCC for Film & Video, but to be honest, I'm not really like the place in Elephant & Castle, so I'm wondering is it possible to reject their offer and have them to arrange another one ? If lucky, i may got the other 2.

I really need some help on this ~ plz help : )
Reply 46
You already got an offer? I sent my application back in February and I still haven't heard anything!
Reply 47
apparenlty cus i live in oxford i aint guna get into halls cus im too close. Does this mean im guna have to live in a house?

If people dont already know theres a housing workshop on the 22nd of august at UAL. (i got the info in my welcome pack) Is anyone here going?
Reply 48
Are you all lying about accomodation?!

I'm confused.
I rang them and they said they aren't sending out the first lot of accomodation offers until mid-June.

Hmmmm
Reply 49
MsScarlett
Are you all lying about accomodation?!

I'm confused.
I rang them and they said they aren't sending out the first lot of accomodation offers until mid-June.

Hmmmm

Yeah I e-mailed them and they said they haven't sent any out yet, and that I should keep a close eye on my e-mail after June 15th.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Reply 50
laoit
apparenlty cus i live in oxford i aint guna get into halls cus im too close. Does this mean im guna have to live in a house?

If people dont already know theres a housing workshop on the 22nd of august at UAL. (i got the info in my welcome pack) Is anyone here going?

well my friend lives in oxford and she got halls this year, so i say still try for halls and if you don't get a place just go to the housing workshop because i have friends who did that and they met really nice people to live with. also theres always spare rooms in halls because people get here and decide they don't like it so move out like straight away, so you could keep checking halls for rooms aswell.
Reply 51
Hiya Neil
My first post too. Shame you didn't get DG or MA, but Julian Markham looks good and was my choice #1, so we should be meeting up there if you don't manage to get a change. Whereabouts in London are you from?
Bob
Neil.F
Hello guys ~
This is my 1st post here, nice to meet you all.

I just got a problem and it's quite annoying me, i would like to hear some comments and suggestions.

Few weeks ago, I sent back my Accommodation form, and my choices were:
1) Don Gratton House
2) Manna Ash
3) Julian Markham

Today, I just got their email back, they put me in Julian Markham (my 3rd choice). Although I'll be studying in LCC for Film & Video, but to be honest, I'm not really like the place in Elephant & Castle, so I'm wondering is it possible to reject their offer and have them to arrange another one ? If lucky, i may got the other 2.

I really need some help on this ~ plz help : )
Reply 52
I just an e-mail back from Accommodation. I got Manna Ash!
Reply 53
Im an International Student from North America, going to CSM in october... I sent my accommodation application before the 6th of june to the International student office with my acceptance return form.

Now Im worried that I didn't send it to the correct office... should I have sent my accommodation form to the offices at 65 Davies street?

I chose Will Wyatt, Don Gratton and Manna Ash.

TT
Reply 54
hey all, im from singapore, gonna be going to LCF this sept to do fashion management, just got my accommodation offer today. Have been given Don Gratton house (my first choice). Anyone care to give me brief write up on this particular hall (pros and even cons?). Cheers
Reply 55
hi there, im coming up this sept, im doing the abc diploma footwear. i was given ewen henderson (not my choice :frown: )

any other accomodation near golden lane?

any reviews on nido at king cross?
Reply 56
Anyone else who didn't get halls?
Reply 57
Im from Malaysia... Doing Fashion Porfolio in LCF this september... has any1 here done that course?

I also got into Ewen henderson court which is FAR FAR away... (It looked like worlds apart on the map anyway)... And is it normal for students to do at least an hour travelling to get to college everyday? I cant think abt the expenses... I foresee a giant hole in my pocket. :frown:
Reply 58
I didnt get allocated any, sucks so much.

Not really sure what alternatives I'm gonna look at now...
Reply 59
i didnt get halls either, :frown: is everyone else just guna go to the workshop on the 22nd? so annoying..!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending