The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Official University of the Arts 2023 Clearing Thread

Hello everyone,

With the Clearing process for UAL just around the corner, we wanted to provide you all with some important information on how to apply and what to expect.

What is Clearing?

Clearing is the opportunity for universities to fill any remaining places on their courses. For 2023, the Clearing period will run from 5th July to 17th October, giving you ample time to apply if you don't already have an offer from a university or if the course you're interested in still has available places.

To be eligible for Clearing, you need to meet certain criteria, which include:

Applying after the 30th of June

Not having received any offers or not accepting the offers you received

Not meeting the conditions of your existing offers

Paying the multiple-choice application fee of £27

Declining your firm place

You can find specific information about Clearing on the University of the Arts London website

Want to apply via UCAS Extra?

Remember that the last date to add a UCAS Extra Choice to your existing UCAS application is the 4th July.

Keep these dates in mind, and we want to wish you all the best of luck with your Clearing applications. If you have any questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help!

Hope this information has been helpful to you all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I applied on April 7, (I guess it's like Round 3) for an MA at CSM and Chelsea, but I haven't received any portfolio request or news. How long should I wait until maybe try for the clearing opportunity? I was assuming that maybe when all Round 2 applicants receive their responses, the university will proceed with the rest of the applications, but I would like to be clearer on the dates and details. Thank you very much in advance for your response.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
“Just around the corner”
Clearing is months away.

This looks desperate
So much for number 1 in the world
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
“Just around the corner”
Clearing is months away.

This looks desperate

please touch grass
Hi, I applied on April 7, (I guess it's like Round 3) for an MA at CSM and Chelsea, but I haven't received any portfolio request or news. How long should I wait until maybe try for the clearing opportunity? I was assuming that maybe when all Round 2 applicants receive their responses, the university will proceed with the rest of the applications, but I would like to be clearer on the dates and details. Thank you very much in advance for your response.

Hello!

Thank you for your message and sorry for a delayed reply. If your query is still relevant please contact the admissions team through UAL Portal. They will be able to provide an update on your application and further advice on the next steps. Good luck!

Best wishes,
Weronika
Reply 5
“Just around the corner”
Clearing is months away.

This looks desperate

What a miserable person u are
Reply 6
Hi, is the clearing process only for undergrad or masters as well?
Hello,

This process is only for undergraduate courses. Find more information here: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/clearing/clearing-guide

Best,
Weronika
Hi, is the clearing process only for undergrad or masters as well?
Hi there are we allowed to know what are/were the lowered entry requirements for ual clearing
Original post by shenell.murray
Hi there are we allowed to know what are/were the lowered entry requirements for ual clearing

Hello!

Thank you for your question.

The entry requirements stay the same for the Clearing.

Best wishes,
Weronika
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hello!

Thank you for your question.

The entry requirements stay the same for the Clearing.

Best wishes,
Weronika

I have applied for clearing in the beginning of July and I still haven’t had a response. When I will have a response please? Or what’s the last day to get a feedback since the course I applied for is still taking applications…. Thanks!
Hi,

Do you mind me asking whether you are Home or International student? Home students should use the self-apply option, rather than going through UCAS.

Best,
Weronika
I have applied for clearing in the beginning of July and I still haven’t had a response. When I will have a response please? Or what’s the last day to get a feedback since the course I applied for is still taking applications…. Thanks!
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi,

Do you mind me asking whether you are Home or International student? Home students should use the self-apply option, rather than going through UCAS.

Best,
Weronika

Hello Weronika,
I’m home student and I have applied trough the link on the course page not ucas
Thank you 🙏🏻
Reply 13
Hi, Im a home student applying to csm culture, criticism, curation clearing.
It looks like the self-apply form is asking for a portfolio to be submitted as a requirement.
I haven't seen anything on the course page about a portfolio, only that a 500 word essay will need to be submitted, which will be requested after the self-apply form has been sent.
Could anyone clarify on this, if I do need to submit a portfolio, then what work are they looking for, as I didn't study an art subject.
Reply 14
Original post by ABDSID
Hi, Im a home student applying to csm culture, criticism, curation clearing.
It looks like the self-apply form is asking for a portfolio to be submitted as a requirement.
I haven't seen anything on the course page about a portfolio, only that a 500 word essay will need to be submitted, which will be requested after the self-apply form has been sent.
Could anyone clarify on this, if I do need to submit a portfolio, then what work are they looking for, as I didn't study an art subject.

Hi! I applied for a course at LCF which said the same thing, just click 'No' for the portfolio and submit your self-application form. When they requested my 'portfolio' I clarified with them that it was the 500-word written piece so don't worry. Good luck with your application!
Reply 15
Original post by Sonia234
Hi! I applied for a course at LCF which said the same thing, just click 'No' for the portfolio and submit your self-application form. When they requested my 'portfolio' I clarified with them that it was the 500-word written piece so don't worry. Good luck with your application!

Hi! Thanks thats a relief.
Can I ask you what course you applied to just to be sure, since it I think some courses like contemporary media cultures explicitly state that a portfolio isn't required, and the self apply form for those courses doesn't ask for a portfolio.
Reply 16
Original post by ABDSID
Hi! Thanks thats a relief.
Can I ask you what course you applied to just to be sure, since it I think some courses like contemporary media cultures explicitly state that a portfolio isn't required, and the self apply form for those courses doesn't ask for a portfolio.

I applied for Fashion PR and Communication
Original post by University of the Arts London
Hello everyone,

With the Clearing process for UAL just around the corner, we wanted to provide you all with some important information on how to apply and what to expect.

What is Clearing?

Clearing is the opportunity for universities to fill any remaining places on their courses. For 2023, the Clearing period will run from 5th July to 17th October, giving you ample time to apply if you don't already have an offer from a university or if the course you're interested in still has available places.

To be eligible for Clearing, you need to meet certain criteria, which include:

Applying after the 30th of June

Not having received any offers or not accepting the offers you received

Not meeting the conditions of your existing offers

Paying the multiple-choice application fee of £27

Declining your firm place

You can find specific information about Clearing on the University of the Arts London website

Want to apply via UCAS Extra?

Remember that the last date to add a UCAS Extra Choice to your existing UCAS application is the 4th July.

Keep these dates in mind, and we want to wish you all the best of luck with your Clearing applications. If you have any questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help!

Hope this information has been helpful to you all.

Hi!
I've applied to a course using the self-apply form however, I don't like how I've written my supporting statement. I was wondering if I could submit a new application or request to withdraw the original and replace it with a much more suitable statement.

Hi, have you heard the reply? I’ve applied it on 5th July and still waiting for them.
Original post by Aixi Liu
Hi, have you heard the reply? I’ve applied it on 5th July and still waiting for them.

I haven’t heard anything from them. I sent an email some time ago asking. So far no response. Which course did you applied for?
I think at this point they didn’t ask for interview or anything I don’t think I have passed lol 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending