The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by snsn602
Yes I'm thinking of applying for Economics at Dundee through Extra and the grades are not very demanding.. Anyone know how the course is and how Dundee is? Because like you said Dundee is a good uni but not ranked very well in England..

This is probably because you're applying for first year entry, which is BCC. If you were applying for second year entry, which I think is the 'proper' starting point for english students, then it is grades ABB. The system is different in scotland, level 1 entry is for, i think, scottish students who wish to go to uni a year early and don't sit their advanced highers.. or am i wrong?

However, english students obviously can apply for level 1 entry too, if they want. (I think this is what most english students do as the grades are a lot lower)
(edited 12 years ago)
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by JakeE10
This is probably because you're applying for first year entry, which is BCC. If you were applying for second year entry, which I think is the 'proper' starting point for english students, then it is grades ABB. The system is different in scotland, level 1 entry is for, i think, scottish students who wish to go to uni a year early and don't sit their advanced highers.. or am i wrong?

However, english students obviously can apply for level 1 entry too, if they want. (I think this is what most english students do as the grades are a lot lower)

Not everyone in Scotland misses a year because they didn't want to do Advanced Highers :smile: I didn't do any AHs, did two years of Highers instead. Overall I had Higher grades AAABBCC when I got into Dundee, arguably still a lot better than BCC at A-Level. First year A-Level requirements might also be low to attract people up North from England.
Reply 522
Looks like I am going to the open day on Sat after all :biggrin:
Reply 523
If you want to go into investment banking which degree would be better Mathamatics or Economics?
Reply 524
Has anyone not heard back from Dundee yet, or am i the only one? :frown:
Original post by gemmamce

What have you applied for?

x.x
Reply 526

Still waiting -applied 15 Nov!
still waiting - international relations, politics, am. studies...I'm really nervous.
Original post by AnnB
Still waiting -applied 15 Nov!

Same here :confused: I applied for Biomedical Science and Neuroscience, has anyone heard anything back from either?
Reply 529

i applied for psychology & french and still have heard nothing :frown: the only people i know of that have heard back are medicine and dentistry :s-smilie:
I had an interview on 1st Feb and have still heard nothing :frown: called today and got nowhere so emailed and waiting to hear back from that.

I'm still waiting to hear back for Geography/History

I feel your pain, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one still waiting D:

I haven't heard back either :frown: I applied for Psychology at the end of October.
Reply 533
Original post by gypsyboots
I haven't heard back either :frown: I applied for Psychology at the end of October.

Yep same here! Ive also applied for psychology and heard nothing yet! :frown:
Reply 534
I got an offer for International business n german in feb :smile:
Reply 535
Original post by All-That-Glitters
What have you applied for?

x.x

It was primary education I applied for, I had an interview early feb but still nothing :frown:
Original post by Gemma1994
It was primary education I applied for, I had an interview early feb but still nothing :frown:

The open day for education is 25th April so there's still plenty of time :smile: best of luck :biggrin:

x.x
Just thought I'd say I received an email this morning stating that I would not be made an offer at present as there are candidates who are more suitable to my chosen course, however as I am a very able candidate and their decision is based on pressure for places rather than my ability to meet demands of their courses they will retain my application until May 10th in case places open up on my chosen programme.

I had a hunch I wouldn't receive an offer - I applied for Geography and History with a Geography and Archaeology personal statement. I'm not too bothered, it was the last institution I was awaiting a response from so now I can firm Edinburgh today and get the ball rolling! ^^ Good luck to everyone else with their applications, all the best!
Reply 538
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Just thought I'd say I received an email this morning stating that I would not be made an offer at present as there are candidates who are more suitable to my chosen course, however as I am a very able candidate and their decision is based on pressure for places rather than my ability to meet demands of their courses they will retain my application until May 10th in case places open up on my chosen programme.

I had a hunch I wouldn't receive an offer - I applied for Geography and History with a Geography and Archaeology personal statement. I'm not too bothered, it was the last institution I was awaiting a response from so now I can firm Edinburgh today and get the ball rolling! ^^ Good luck to everyone else with their applications, all the best!

I spoke to a friend of mine who had the same response, but his was for Neuroscience. I'm worried they're going to do this with my second application to Dundee (have a conditional for one course, waiting on the other I applied for) :frown:
Original post by Ocarinaoftime

I just got the exact same thing, I was expecting an offer too haha. I applied for just Geography though. I have an unconditional offer to Stirling and conditionals to Aberdeen and Glasgow. I just withdrew my offer from Dundee, I'm not prepared to wait that long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending