The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA History B Revision Thread

Hi, I thought I'd create this thread so that we can share tips, exam questions and answers to help others. I'm a little stuck on how to get high marks on the 12 mark questions so if anyone has any model answers or any tips, then that would be great. Also, does anyone have last year's paper as AQA haven't put it up on the website yet??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you think it is possible to revise the whole topics in depth to get an A* by the 12th

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
I've been on the AQA website and there only seem to be past papers for unit 1(coldwar)??? Does anyone have an idea where paper 2 past papers would be please?
Reply 3
Original post by DeathByBSOD
I have the paper, will post a link

What chapters are you doung
1) Paper itself: http://www.millthorpeschool.co.uk/departments/history/History%20Revision%20Materials/Y11%20History%20Revision/AQA-40452-W-SQP.PDF.pdf
2) Markscheme: http://www.millthorpeschool.co.uk/departments/history/History%20Revision%20Materials/Y11%20History%20Revision/AQA-40452-W-SMS.PDF

also what did you get for unit 1? got 88/90 ums (a*) last time and an a* for the cwk.

Thanks. I got A* for unit 1 86/90 ums I think. Unfortunately I did worser in my coursework (8/14 and 15/25). My teacher told me I have to get 54/60 in the next exam to get an A* overall. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by wobmatthew
I've been on the AQA website and there only seem to be past papers for unit 1(coldwar)??? Does anyone have an idea where paper 2 past papers would be please?

Which topics are in paper 2?
Original post by wobmatthew

look above in this thread...
Original post by Starrstruck
Which topics are in paper 2?

with less than 2 weeks to the exam you dont know what topics ur doing O_o??
Thanks. I got A* for unit 1 86/90 ums I think. Unfortunately I did worser in my coursework (8/14 and 15/25). My teacher told me I have to get 54/60 in the next exam to get an A* overall. :frown:

ouch! i need to get a low B/A on this paper to get an A* overall :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
ouch! i need to get a low C on this paper to get an A* overall :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lucky you! You probably don't even need to revise then.
Reply 9
Original post by Smarticus
Do you think it is possible to revise the whole topics in depth to get an A* by the 12th

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I didn't revise at all last year and got 100% so yes, definitely possible :smile:
Reply 10
with less than 2 weeks to the exam you dont know what topics ur doing O_o??

I do- Roaring 20s in USA, Hitler's Germany and race relations in the 1960s and 70s. What are you studying?
I have the paper, will post a link

What chapters are you doung
1) Paper itself: http://www.millthorpeschool.co.uk/departments/history/History%20Revision%20Materials/Y11%20History%20Revision/AQA-40452-W-SQP.PDF.pdf
2) Markscheme: http://www.millthorpeschool.co.uk/departments/history/History%20Revision%20Materials/Y11%20History%20Revision/AQA-40452-W-SMS.PDF

also what did you get for unit 1? got 88/90 ums (a*) last time and an a* for the cwk.

Thank you for those links :biggrin: We got the same ums for unit 1 :colondollar:
ouch! i need to get a low C on this paper to get an A* overall :biggrin: :biggrin:

What marks have you gotten so far? Sorry, I'm trying to figure out what I need for an A* overall :tongue:
Reply 13
Worried about these inference 4 mark questions :/
Any tips?
Reply 14
you guys are so lucky, our school doesn't let us sit unit one in january or last summer, so we've got both to revise for. i'm worried about the source questions on both papers because i tend to waffle and most of it is probably irrelevent. in my paper one mock i got 58/60 and in paper two i got 56/60, but i found them quite easy and our teacher had kind of hinted the topics. any predictions for paper two?
i'm doing paper one:
peacemaking, hitler and the cold war
and paper two:
roaring 20's, new deal and race relations

x
Original post by Graceyyyyyyy
Thank you for those links :biggrin: We got the same ums for unit 1 :colondollar:

:colondollar: thanks!, I got 88/90 ums for unit 1 and 55/60 ums on the cwk.

So for an A* overall, you need to score a combined 216/240 UMS for the whole course.

So far i got: 88+55 = 143 ums, so take that away from 216, then you got the ums you need to score for paper 2 to get an A* overall, so in my instance: 216-143= 73 ums (which is a low B on the AQA website that i need to get in paper 2 to get an A* overall !!!! )
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16

Do u know how much raw marks is 2 ums?

I got 79/90 on unit 1 ( 1 mark from an A*)
And 34/40 for CW ( 1 mark from an A* again)

So on this paper I need to get 2 marks over the A* mark
I do- Roaring 20s in USA, Hitler's Germany and race relations in the 1960s and 70s. What are you studying?

Im doing roaring 20's, the new deal and hitlers germany :smile:
Original post by Vorsah
Do u know how much raw marks is 2 ums?

I got 79/90 on unit 1 ( 1 mark from an A*)
And 34/40 for CW ( 1 mark from an A* again)

So on this paper I need to get 2 marks over the A* mark

2 ums should be 1 mark, and yeah you need to score 84 UMS on paper 2 to get an A*, which should be 84 ums, an A* (2 marks over the a* boundary) should be no problem, as last year 44/60 raw mark is an a*, so you would need a 46/60 to get an a*
Reply 19
Im doing roaring 20's, the new deal and hitlers germany :smile:

Do u know how much ums marks are 34/40 for CW?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending