The Student Room Group

Higher Maths CfE 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marium'1997
:frown:

You might surprise yourself so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, I heard that the grade boundaries aren't changed much at all this year for many subjects so that's a good thing. :smile:
Reply 1121
Original post by curiousguy
qasim what you reckon a B will be?

Prob like 63%. It might stay normal, but the paper was easy in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sameehaiqbal
You might surprise yourself so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, I heard that the grade boundaries aren't changed much at all this year for many subjects so that's a good thing. :smile:

That's good I hope they aren't too high for maths
Original post by Marium'1997
That's good I hope they aren't too high for maths

I believe they will be your fairly standard boundaries e.g. 50, 60, 70. They certainly won't be as low as last year due to this year's paper being relatively easy.
Reply 1124
Original post by TheRedGoldfish
I believe they will be your fairly standard boundaries e.g. 50, 60, 70. They certainly won't be as low as last year due to this year's paper being relatively easy.

Did u even do the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am not going to lie I am very apprehensive about my higher maths result mostly because of minor silly mistakes and grade boundaries relating to the fact that the paper was relatively simplistic on the whole. I Personally can see the grade boundary being 93/130 for an A as that's why the sqa claimed in the course report that they intended to set higher maths at for an A last year. This seems relatively fair since it's only the second year of the higher and normally a notional value is used if the paper was set fairly and I feel the higher maths paper was fair overall. PS. I personally found that question 7 from paper 1 and question 11 from paper 2 were the ones that most people struggled with, am I right in saying that? hope everyone gets the grades they are wanting from this and all their subjects
Original post by qasim-98
Did u even do the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course. I do them every year.

Next June I will graduate with a Maths Honours and then plan to take up teacher training. I feel it is necessary to stay up to date with the curriculum and this includes going through the Maths papers every year - Nat 5, Higher and Adv. Higher.
Original post by TheRedGoldfish
Of course. I do them every year.

Next June I will graduate with a Maths Honours and then plan to take up teacher training. I feel it is necessary to stay up to date with the curriculum and this includes going through the Maths papers every year - Nat 5, Higher and Adv. Higher.

:smile:
image.jpegHi guys would someone be able to help me with questions 7, 8 and 12? Much appreciated 😬X
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473875495.486605.jpg

Can anyone help me at all???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending