The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

shut up ffs :rofl2:
Reply 2081
Yeah jalebi is a bit... I don't know, more of a gulab jamun fan myself :flutter:
Reply 2082
Original post by Tucking Fypo
jalebi can be a bit hit or miss but they're so sweet (like me h3h3)

Could do with hitting a mela, man. Ain't had 'street food' in time.

street food aka basically local takeaways pitching up wooden tables :colonhash:
Reply 2083
Original post by mel0n

yeah but it's ****ing free :colonhash:
Original post by mel0n

kmt maybe in your ends. :angry: #currymile While there are a few local takeaways pitching up, there's also a fair bit of...proper street food like bhel/paani puri. :adore:

But yeah, what Ki said. It's free, man. I ain't one to complain. Though you do have to pay for some foods. :angry:
Original post by Mastermind`
taking them to the cleanerssss

Negged :fyi:

Also, sent out PM's to the Arsenal Soc members directing them to this post, all will neg asap. :smile:
Reply 2086
Original post by failingatm
yeah but it's ****ing free :colonhash:

:facepalm2: I was talking about at a mela, where you have to pay don't you?

kmt maybe in your ends. :angry: #currymile While there are a few local takeaways pitching up, there's also a fair bit of...proper street food like bhel/paani puri. :adore:

But yeah, what Ki said. It's free, man. I ain't one to complain. Though you do have to pay for some foods. :angry:

I was thinking da hayl is pani puri? We call them gol gappey (pl.) (singular = gappa)

I ordered 4 from a restaurant once to take out (as in just four of those small things) and the guy gave me 3 whole bags of it plus a lollipop. #currymilewin

What's bhel?
Reply 2087
some melas have free food mate :hand: the one me mam went to today was called a mela, after the walk fing
Reply 2088
I meant one of the ones that are hosted in parks, wouldn't know :getmecoat: The vaisakhi festival people were munching on free biryani as well (from what I could tell it looked like biryani :ninja:) nvm pakoras.
Original post by mel0n
I was thinking da hayl is pani puri? We call them gol gappey (pl.) (singular = gappa)

I ordered 4 from a restaurant once to take out (as in just four of those small things) and the guy gave me 3 whole bags of it plus a lollipop. #currymilewin

What's bhel?

Thank you for the plural/singular variations. :indiff: :rofl2:

Really craving bog-standard Indian restaurant food now. :angry:

Spoiler

Reply 2090
What is that, MAN? I do not understand.
Reply 2091
Thank you for the plural/singular variations. :indiff: :rofl2:

Really craving bog-standard Indian restaurant food now. :angry:

:indiff: :indiff: you're indian ffs. Does what you eat at home taste different than restaurant food? Whenever I ate Indian food it would be from a restaurant so I put the different taste down to it simply being restaurant food, but then I tried some Pakistani restaurant food and it sort of tasted similar to what we cook at home so now I conclude that Indian and Pakistani food often tastes different :pierre: unless it's my dad cooking.
Original post by mel0n
What is that, MAN? I do not understand.

Just some puffed rice, onions, tomatoes, some of those sev things, some potato.. lashings of tamarind chutney and Bob's your chacha. :smug:

Original post by mel0n
:indiff: :indiff: you're indian ffs. Does what you eat at home taste different than restaurant food? Whenever I ate Indian food it would be from a restaurant so I put the different taste down to it simply being restaurant food, but then I tried some Pakistani restaurant food and it sort of tasted similar to what we cook at home so now I conclude that Indian and Pakistani food often tastes different :pierre: unless it's my dad cooking.

Yeah, I find that homemade stuff is totally different to restaurant food. Biased towards me mam of course, but homemade is so much better. Restaurants are like wedding caterers, so much ghee and oil. :moon:

Inshallah you never taste Aman's chicken biryani, you'll never eat Indian again. :rofl2: jk jk :pierre:
ee fypo that looks.... disgusting.
Reply 2094
Just some puffed rice, onions, tomatoes, some of those sev things, some potato.. lashings of tamarind chutney and Bob's your chacha. :smug:

Yeah, I find that homemade stuff is totally different to restaurant food. Biased towards me mam of course, but homemade is so much better. Restaurants are like wedding caterers, so much ghee and oil. :moon:

Inshallah you never taste Aman's chicken biryani, you'll never eat Indian again. :rofl2: jk jk :pierre:

What's the difference? I was thinking that restaurant Indian food tastes like home made indian food because the Pakistani restaurant food I tried tasted home - made :colonhash: bad logic...

That's because a lot of restaurants ARE wedding caterers, perhaps? Went to a mehndi once and there was a buffet with samosas and kebabs :coma: But yeah so much oil, you kinda have to mix the dish for a little while to move the oil out of the way :indiff:

Have you tried her chicken biryani? :zomg:
Reply 2095
I bought samosa chaat today and I swear the guy had put daal on it, is that normal? And pineapples and olives too :s-smilie:
Reply 2096
:rofl2: mines hardly a giveaway

:smug:
Original post by Cigarette
Are you fools? :angry: Remove those posts right now, allow putting my name and FB quotes on TSR, MIGHT AS WELL JUST WRITE A STATUS ABOUT ME WORK ON HERE FOR EVERYONE TO SEE. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL CALM DOWN, M8. I doubt your mates will be browsing the African Society anytime soon :pierre:
Original post by kimprovising
ee fypo that looks.... disgusting.

Original post by mel0n
What's the difference? I was thinking that restaurant Indian food tastes like home made indian food because the Pakistani restaurant food I tried tasted home - made :colonhash: bad logic...

That's because a lot of restaurants ARE wedding caterers, perhaps? Went to a mehndi once and there was a buffet with samosas and kebabs :coma: But yeah so much oil, you kinda have to mix the dish for a little while to move the oil out of the way :indiff:

Have you tried her chicken biryani? :zomg:

Just the amount of oil and salt, mainly. Plus.. who even eats stuff like butter chicken at home? Regularly, anyways? The restaurant menus don't really reflect what people actually eat at home imo, though I know there are some 'boutique' restaurants which do, such as veg-only etc.

:rofl2: yeah, I have. #6/10 #noseasoning
Thanks....'faim'. :colonhash:

Original post by kimprovising
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL CALM DOWN, M8. I doubt your mates will be browsing the African Society anytime soon :pierre:

Kim, I don't care I just don't want my name on here, delete it.

Latest