The Student Room Group
Original post by fletchdd02
Rayban 2140 or 2132?

Black or Tortoise shell?

I really cannot decide! ARGH!

2140 have a 50mm lens I beleive, and i'd go for black.

The WayFarers have really kicked off this summer, I have had a pair for a long time! They do look really decent on the right people (Wiz khalifa :biggrin: )
Reply 9961
Original post by Spoonforknife
2140 have a 50mm lens I beleive, and i'd go for black.

The WayFarers have really kicked off this summer, I have had a pair for a long time! They do look really decent on the right people (Wiz khalifa :biggrin: )

They have the sloped backed lens though which feels weird on my face.

And I think i'll play it safe with black too :smile:
They have the sloped backed lens though which feels weird on my face.

And I think i'll play it safe with black too :smile:

Yeah i've noticed that too, it does feel strange! I used to wear aviators and wayfareres do feel diff :biggrin:
Do you guys know any good celebrities to get inspiration from?

Just signed up to Tumblr so they would be good as well.
Reply 9964
Original post by Hectorious
Do you guys know any good celebrities to get inspiration from?

Just signed up to Tumblr so they would be good as well.

Douglas Booth
Reply 9965
Original post by Entrepreneur123
Good brands for boat shoes? Apart from the obvious Sperry and Sebago

I'll second Chatham, and they're relatively cheap if you look in the right places.
Rayban 2140 or 2132?

Black or Tortoise shell?

I really cannot decide! ARGH!

Had 2140 in tortoiseshell polarised and they were unreal. Unfortunately lost them after about 3 years so need a replacement.
Reply 9967
Opinions on this, was only £25 but im not completely sold on it,

DSC_1718.jpg
Need a really nice fitted polo or two.

Was thinking all saints but they're not exactly cheap or necessarily very good quality? I hear, that is.

Any recommendations?

What other items should I buy? I need new clothes for sixth form. I basically just wore brogues, blue chinos and this pull and bear trench for like the whole year lol.

Pic unrelated:

Was thinking all saints but they're not exactly cheap or necessarily very good quality? I hear, that is.

Any recommendations?

What other items should I buy? I need new clothes for sixth form. I basically just wore brogues, blue chinos and this pull and bear trench for like the whole year lol.

Pic unrelated:

I got a polo from next recently, fits suprisingly well on me.

Just one of these http://www.next.co.uk/g37346s2 in navy blue

Any recommendations?

Pic unrelated:

1. If you want something to fit well, go and try it on. You'll be surprised what you can find in stores like H&M and you'll be surprised how bad a fit from AllSaints can be.

2. If you want to look good, find your own way. Don't seek recommendations about what are "must haves" because we're all different people with different ideas of what looks good on our own bodies. Use your instincts, listen to what other people have to say, but don't take it as gospel and don't just fall into the trends.

3. Don't hotlink from 4chan. For one thing, they don't like it, and the image won't show up properly. Perhaps more significantly, the images get deleted as threads reach the end of their lifespan and the hotlink will be pointless. Use something like imgur to host the image somewhere else.

4. Why ask here if you're browsing 4chan's fashion board? Lurking requires patience but you'll get the information you need. /fa/ is slow but there are a bunch of fashion websites you can watch in the meantime. And as long as you create a thread thoughtfully, anons can be quite helpful.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LookIt'sPete
I got a polo from next recently, fits suprisingly well on me.

Just one of these http://www.next.co.uk/g37346s2 in navy blue

Ok thanks, will check it out.

Original post by ЯOЯЯIM
1. If you want something to fit well, go and try it on. You'll be surprised what you can find in stores like H&M and you'll be surprised how bad a fit from AllSaints can be.

2. If you want to look good, find your own way. Don't seek recommendations about what are "must haves" because we're all different people with different ideas of what looks good on our own bodies. Use your instincts, listen to what other people have to say, but don't take it as gospel and don't just fall into the trends.

3. Don't hotlink from 4chan. For one thing, they don't like it, and the image won't show up properly. Perhaps more significantly, the images get deleted as threads reach the end of their lifespan and the hotlink will be pointless. Use something like imgur to host the image somewhere else.

4. Why ask here if you're browsing 4chan's fashion board? Lurking requires patience but you'll get the information you need. /fa/ is slow but there are a bunch of fashion websites you can watch in the meantime. And as long as you create a thread thoughtfully, anons can be quite helpful.

Wow good advice. Thanks man. (y)
Ok thanks, will check it out.

Wow good advice. Thanks man. (y)

Reply 9973
Original post by cgvince
Opinions on this, was only £25 but im not completely sold on it,

DSC_1718.jpg

Hey man I think it looks nice! :smile:

Any recommendations?

Pic unrelated:

Fred Perry is probably one of the most classic polo shirts you could possibly get. Lyle and Scott is also a more "modern" take on it, seems as it has come into popularity more recently!
Reply 9974
Going on holiday in august for 10 nights, its a beach resort and theres a long trousers policy in the evenings

planning on taking 22 top half items so a mix between shirts and tshirts

would this seem a little excessive ?
Reply 9976
bought these today, though unsure on them. may take them back on the weekend. thoughts?

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/hoodies--sweatshirts/sweatshirts/grey-rio-de-janeiro-print-sweatshirt--262385

this sweatshirt is actually quite a thin material so i figured would be nice for summer nights though im aware its poss a bit too casual and overpriced for what it is.

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/t-shirts--vests/polo-shirts/red-pique-polo-shirt-261784

nice polo but doesnt have a great fit really, so prob gonna return it.

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/98492?article=98492-B

standard sky blue summer shirt really!

basically the polo and the shirt im practically decided on (returning the polo, keeping the shirt), though really unsure about the sweater!
Reply 9977
will also be getting some shorts to go with the sky blue shirt later this week, what colour would go best? thinking of either some light pink or dark blue ones from uniqlo.
Reply 9978
Original post by Turk
will also be getting some shorts to go with the sky blue shirt later this week, what colour would go best? thinking of either some light pink or dark blue ones from uniqlo.

Navy Blue or Khaki would go well. Light pink should be good too.
Original post by Ryan_94

Fred Perry is probably one of the most classic polo shirts you could possibly get. Lyle and Scott is also a more "modern" take on it, seems as it has come into popularity more recently!

Yeah they're decent quality for the price but they've been hijacked by chavs and the market has been ruined by fakes. Paul & Shark or MA.Strum are my favourite polo brands at the moment personally. :smile:

Lacoste polos are awesome in this weather as well because they're so light and airy feeling, but again they've kinda become popular amongst some horribly unfashionable people.

Latest