The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

University of West London Student Accommodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ooo i found something guys...i dunno if we are all living togther or watever but yh here it is http://www.rightmove.co.uk/student-accommodation/property-16392993.html
Its in brentford though
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 21
Reply 22
Original post by angelface2010
It would be really helpful if you post some info about people willing to flat share. Would your course be at the Ealing campus?

Yeah my course would be at Ealing campus and I'd be more than happy to share with any of you guys if you're going to UWL so I'll let you know of any stuff that I get told/asked. Just got an ad for somewhere in Southeast London LOL no way, much too far away. I'll keep renewing my ad and see if anything closer comes up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Oh wow I'm really behind haha I need to read what's been going on.
Reply 24
Original post by angelface2010
I feel homeless :frown:
I am practically homeless LOL!

SAME. Ok seriously I will share with you guys if we find a flat. There's this thing on the flatshare thing called buddying up or something (?) I think it's if you want to start a brand new search with a particular group of people so that you'll be together but you might be put with a random? I don't know, just wondering what the best options are.
Reply 25
Kay don't know if it makes a difference but I sent an email to the link Diima123 posted about the Flat close to Ealing that's 93 Pounds per week. Asked if it included bills etc. and mentioned that maybs me and 3 others wanted somewhere to stay for TVU. Don't worry, I didn't mention any of your names. Not that I know them anyways haha.
Reply 26
Also google maps tells me it's 20 mins walk (ish) from Ealing Campus and about half an hour's walk away from Brentford Campus. Cool :smile:
Reply 27
Someone posted an ad on flatshare looking for a female only, for 60 pounds per week including bills. Not sure whether they're students or not lol, they were looking for anyone from 16-30 and their house was really nice.

Sounds a bit too good to be true but I don't know maybs that's just me.

http://www.flatshare.com/flatshare/flatshare_detail.pl?advert_id=1723538&mode=details&alert_id=&alert_type=&urlsession_id=29079375&urlsession_key=131377442415827#
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
127 a week including all bills and ensuite in london is good.

most shared houses pay around 120 a week before bills!

and uwl are useless at helping everyone else on here from UWL just gave in and went for halls :smile:
Reply 29
Which halls, the paragon ones?
Reply 30
Hi all. I am also meant to be going to UWL In september. I cannot find anywhere to live that isnt more than £400 a week and as a cheap northerner and generally not a millionaire I have found my self homeless D: I also tried to get a place at paragon but It seems UWL are still stuck in the dark ages and won't let you book online ¬¬..... So im in the same boat.
Reply 31
ZERO that. No way am I paying 400 a week. Yeah I'm not rich either, was aiming to be paying around that much per month! There are definitely cheaper places than that. Yeah I don't know about Paragon, wast thinking that flat sharing would be a better option... Sweet, I'll keep looking cos I'm still homeless too. Yaaay
Original post by rpark7
ZERO that. No way am I paying 400 a week. Yeah I'm not rich either, was aiming to be paying around that much per month! There are definitely cheaper places than that. Yeah I don't know about Paragon, wast thinking that flat sharing would be a better option... Sweet, I'll keep looking cos I'm still homeless too. Yaaay

Hello :smile:, i went to the open day today and they said they had nothing in paragon....but i am going to keep ringing them just in case a place begins available, did any of you go to the open day? What did you think? Do any of you think after the first year you may transfer to a different uni?
Reply 33
No places left in Paragon??? D:

I'm in the same damn boat. Well... this is awkward.

Hey there, fellow homeless people.
Original post by March
No places left in Paragon??? D:

I'm in the same damn boat. Well... this is awkward.

Hey there, fellow homeless people.

That's what the lady told me :frown:...i don't want to commute from home to uni
Reply 35
Original post by ,,,,
That's what the lady told me :frown:...i don't want to commute from home to uni

Same here. I live in London, but my house is crowded plus I do live kinda far from the uni, travel costs alone would be a pisstake. Where have you thought of staying? I'm not sure about renting out an ordinary flat, because I don't think they come inclusive of other costs like internet or electricity.
Reply 36
Well living in sheffield commuting is a big no. I don't mind commuting around london but nearest student halls that are not booked up are way east of islington and thats a bit of a treck :/ on the date of my audition one of the girls there said most people drop out of the corse before october so maybe I will wait a month or so to try and get into paragon...
Original post by patrish
Well living in sheffield commuting is a big no. I don't mind commuting around london but nearest student halls that are not booked up are way east of islington and thats a bit of a treck :/ on the date of my audition one of the girls there said most people drop out of the corse before october so maybe I will wait a month or so to try and get into paragon...

OH you have a good reason, was that initially your first choice?

Original post by March
Same here. I live in London, but my house is crowded plus I do live kinda far from the uni, travel costs alone would be a pisstake. Where have you thought of staying? I'm not sure about renting out an ordinary flat, because I don't think they come inclusive of other costs like internet or electricity.

Same here, well i come from north london, hour or so by train....but i really want to live out...if i don't get halls, i will probably enquire about private accommodation. By the way have any of you changed your student finance yet? Has your place at uwl been confirmed? I am still waiting for them to accept me, which will be by next week :s.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
OH you have a good reason, was that initially your first choice?
To go to UWL? :L
Reply 39
Original post by patrish
To go to UWL? :L

*Actually laughs out loud*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending