The Student Room Group

Arsenal will win the league this season

Scroll to see replies

Worst news for Arsenal is that Aguero seems to be finding his form. I wouldn't read too much into a 4-0 victory against Palace, given the fact they regularly batter sides by three or four or even five goals at the Etihad.

But Aguero firing is an ominous sign for Wenger.
Next match (and the ones after) I expect to see Elneny, Ozil and Sanchez in the squad so that we have the best chance of winning our next few games before we go to the Etihad. Otherwise, it's "Here you go, City"
As long as they get the Ox out of the starting XI, they have a chance. I was really disappointed by him today. He was really off the pace and made some poor decisions.
Going to be fascinating between city and Arsenal this season. Fancy city personally purely because I think they will get over 80 points - a feat I don't believe Arsenal will do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 184
Looking at their upcoming away games and their form in important/tough away games so far this season (no wins in four against Liverpool, Stoke, Soton, Chelsea), I certainly wouldn't be betting on Arsenal to win the league.

Going to Barca away Wednesday night and then up to Goodison Park for a Saturday midday kick off will be interesting for them.

City comfortably for me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 185
Original post by sr90
Genuinely think they'll do it this year.

Best goalkeeper, a solid defence, the best set of attacking midfield options in the league and 2 strikers in good form. Their inevitable early exit from the CL might help them - in previous years their inevitable RO16 defeat has led to their season falling apart.

Their squad is now full of winners. Cech's won everything with Chelsea, Ozil and Mertesacker won the World Cup, Sanchez was in a fantastic Barcelona team, Welbeck learnt from the best at United, Cazorla's played in the best Spain team ever to play the game and of course they've won back to back FA Cups.

There's also a lack of competition. City are their closest rivals and they aren't great. United will be let down by Van Gaal's tactics, and they've already smashed them 3-0 anyway. Arsenal very rarely drop points away to bottom half sides and they've now learnt how to play the big boys.

This is Arsenal's year

As an Arsenal fan, don't jinx it! Some important games still left to play this season. Up the Arsenal!
Reply 186
I have yet to see that Arsenal can handle the pressure we have been mentally weak in the past and City have done this twice now I think they are more likely right now
Reply 187
Bearing In mind coq and Sanchez have been out we've done Okay. I expect us to blitz our fixtures once they're both back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Next match (and the ones after) I expect to see Elneny, Ozil and Sanchez in the squad so that we have the best chance of winning our next few games before we go to the Etihad. Otherwise, it's "Here you go, City"

We've got at least 20 games "before we go to the Etihad" wtf are you talking about?
Lol I see that it's 7th May. Title decider? Not a chance. City would have blitzed everyone by then while we get unstuck against opponents we should be beating, or have never beaten more than once in a blue moon. Basically this thread is tempting fate, and everyone knows it.
Only "top" team city have beaten away is everton. Lost to arsenal and spurs iirc. Drew to leicester, united. Still to face ham, liv, che, sou away. By no means better for away form and only marginally better fixtures in that they've played most of the big boys at home

Quick Reply

Latest