The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone please help me decide between Sheffield and Cardiff. Maybe tell me why you love Sheffield and why you applied here. I live in Manchester so Sheffield is closer. Any help will be much appreciated :smile:
Hey there! So i can give u some pros of sheffield. It's in the top 100 unis for medicine in the world for medicine in QS world rankings, gives very early patient contact, has a special Patients as Educators progrm, gives an opportunity for intercalation of another degree, is integrated in teaching style . (Just for your info, sir Hans Kreb used to be in the biochem faculty of sheffield) All the best in making a choice:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm on the waitlist for sheffield, was wondering if anyone knew the likelihood of me getting in through the waiting list as have no other offers.
Have those who firmed looked at accommodation yet and applied for it?
did anyone receive any sort of confirmation email after firming sheffield?
Reply 1205
do you reckon endcliff will be packed with school leavers? i do want to enjoy the uni life as much as possible but am also a postgrad so a bit reluctant as to whether i should put endcliff down !
has anyone received a form asking for immunisation, DBS or a health declaration questionnaire?
Original post by tallyt
do you reckon endcliff will be packed with school leavers? i do want to enjoy the uni life as much as possible but am also a postgrad so a bit reluctant as to whether i should put endcliff down !

Endcliffe is a mix of school leavers, gap years and post grads doing undergrad courses, such as yourself. People of the same age tend to be grouped together in the same block. For example, my whole block is school leavers, whereas the block across the pond from us is pretty much all gap year students.

Personally, I would 100% recommend Endcliffe for a good social scene and making plenty of friends, as it's where most people live. It's also the closest halls to the Med School, which is very convenient.
Anyone going to med open day tomorrow?:smile:
Guys Sheffield or Hull York?
Guys Newcastle/Sheffield/Liverpool which is better?
Reply 1211
I know this is late, but Newcastle no doubt. Just did my 3 years of Biomedicine there are the med school is literally incredible, and in the top 6 or 7 in the UK. Shelf is awesome too though obviously, thats where I'm going for Med now x
Anyone else got an interview through clearing?
Original post by Jameshughes100
Anyone else got an interview through clearing?

is sheffield medicine in clearing?
Original post by VARRRDAQ
is sheffield medicine in clearing?

I rang 'em up on results day and have an interview on tuesday :smile:
Original post by Jameshughes100
I rang 'em up on results day and have an interview on tuesday :smile:

Wow :smile: How did you know they were in clearing?

I just rang every medical school and got lucky!
(edited 7 years ago)

They're not in clearing; they just didn't have enough applicants make the grade, so they're interviewing for the extra spaces. [Source: mother-in-law is one of the doctors conducting the emergency interviews].
Original post by *pitseleh*
They're not in clearing; they just didn't have enough applicants make the grade, so they're interviewing for the extra spaces. [Source: mother-in-law is one of the doctors conducting the emergency interviews].

So aren't they in clearing? Anyone can apply and be interviewed?
So aren't they in clearing? Anyone can apply and be interviewed?

Nope; at least not as of two days ago. They were calling up people who had almost made the cut in the first round and asking them to come for emergency interviews when I last spoke to my MIL (which was Saturday; she's interviewing tomorrow).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending