The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 147madz
Hey, how did it go? Finally got my offer from bath after nearly 3 weeks of waiting :smile:

Check for the previous page as otrivine also queried with me!

blimey, three weeks, that's long!
Original post by lau93
I haven't got an insurance because I've already got my grades so got an unconditional from Cardiff :biggrin: have you had an interview at Bath?

Ah that's great, so you know for sure you'll be going there, I bet that's a load of stress off your shoulders! Two weeks ago today I had the interview at Bath, so perhaps they don't want me as it's been a while :colondollar:
Perhaps see you at Cardiff then! Do you leave nearby Cardiff?
Original post by OliviaPinsy
Thats brilliant, thank you! I've got Nottingham tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Good luck! You'll be great I'm sure!
I found out the other day I didn't get into Nottingham, I think it might have been due to my previous grades and me being ill during my Jan exams :colondollar: But at least it makes my decision a tiny bit easier!
Feeling rather nervous guys!
Original post by Doctor.
Feeling rather nervous guys!

Why so?:h:

don't know if I should brush up on my chem in coming months since I can't remember a damn thing!:frown:
Original post by Jin3011
Why so?:h:

don't know if I should brush up on my chem in coming months since I can't remember a damn thing!:frown:

You're up early :tongue:.

It's my Bath interview/not interview, but possibly a hidden interview during the open 'day'. So I am just going over the normal questions lol just in case!

Awww Chemistry :love:, nah you've got the grades what is this "revision" you speak of? :lol: I am guessing over summer, everyone will forget what they learnt anyway :biggrin:
Original post by Doctor.
You're up early :tongue:.

It's my Bath interview/not interview, but possibly a hidden interview during the open 'day'. So I am just going over the normal questions lol just in case!

Awww Chemistry :love:, nah you've got the grades what is this "revision" you speak of? :lol: I am guessing over summer, everyone will forget what they learnt anyway :biggrin:

I'm nocturnal:ahee:

Good luck in your hidden interview!:biggrin:
Original post by hollybanolly
Good luck! You'll be great I'm sure!
I found out the other day I didn't get into Nottingham, I think it might have been due to my previous grades and me being ill during my Jan exams :colondollar: But at least it makes my decision a tiny bit easier!

Same here :awesome:
Don't worry I'm sure there's something better waiting for you. :hugs:
Reply 3188
Am I mad for firming Hertfordshire when I have an offer for Kings??
Original post by Tzippy
Am I mad for firming Hertfordshire when I have an offer for Kings??

Not at all. You should only firm a uni where you'd feel comfortable and happy spending 4 years of your life. So if you feel that way about Herts, then it's all that matters:h:.
Original post by Jin3011
Not at all. You should only firm a uni where you'd feel comfortable and happy spending 4 years of your life. So if you feel that way about Herts, then it's all that matters:h:.

I have news: Bath is actually the worst university I have ever been to.

The person who gave the talk was do dam rude! No consideration, and when it came to asking question he said "I have a lecture to go to soon" and kept looking at his watch ever two seconds!

Cannot believe I wasted so much money to travel there!

Agree with you on firming the place you enjoy, Bath may be a top ten university but they cater towards the foreign students 100% more. So pissed off.

Anyway- I am so going LJMU! :h:
Original post by Doctor.
I have news: Bath is actually the worst university I have ever been to.

The person who gave the talk was do dam rude! No consideration, and when it came to asking question he said "I have a lecture to go to soon" and kept looking at his watch ever two seconds!

Cannot believe I wasted so much money to travel there!

Agree with you on firming the place you enjoy, Bath may be a top ten university but they cater towards the foreign students 100% more. So pissed off.

Anyway- I am so going LJMU! :h:

Amen! That's good to hear. A sort of similar thing happened at Leicester last year. The majority of staff were really rude & this this tense lunch lady started patronising and downplaying me over a sandwich; even though I clearly told her what I wanted on it:s-smilie: - bitch.
I really wish they didn't allow for such incidents to happen on open/interview days; they should at least make a positive effort to sell the uni to us rather than driving-away talented students who could potentially contribute widely to their university.
Original post by Jin3011
Amen! That's good to hear. A sort of similar thing happened at Leicester last year. The majority of staff were really rude & this this tense lunch lady started patronising and downplaying me over a sandwich; even though I clearly told her what I wanted on it:s-smilie: - bitch.
I really wish they didn't allow for such incidents to happen on open/interview days; they should at least make a positive effort to sell the uni to us rather than driving-away talented students who could potentially contribute widely to their university.

Only good thing about it was I got to meet many other medics who put bath at their 5th option.

I think thats why the lecturer was all...."I don't care, we have lots of offers"

OMGGGG! Someone also asked at the end "Why does this open day seem so rushed and unprepared?" :lol: Such a waste of time though :cry2:, my dad had to call In sick from work to take me.

Aww that lady sounded aweful! I don't understand why they hate Medics so much :s-smilie: We obviously applied to Pharmacy because we also enjoy it :rolleyes:
Original post by Doctor.
Only good thing about it was I got to meet many other medics who put bath at their 5th option.

I think thats why the lecturer was all...."I don't care, we have lots of offers"

OMGGGG! Someone also asked at the end "Why does this open day seem so rushed and unprepared?" :lol: Such a waste of time though :cry2:, my dad had to call In sick from work to take me.

Aww that lady sounded aweful! I don't understand why they hate Medics so much :s-smilie: We obviously applied to Pharmacy because we also enjoy it :rolleyes:

Yh IKR, so many medics apply to Pharmacy as a backup it's unreal. My cousin is currently doing Pharmacy at Bradford, and tells me how the majority of interviewees are clever-looking medical applicants:tongue:

Did you consider taking a train to Bath?:redface: lol. I mean it may have been easier for your dad. :smile:
Original post by Jin3011
Yh IKR, so many medics apply to Pharmacy as a backup it's unreal. My cousin is currently doing Pharmacy at Bradford, and tells me how the majority of interviewees are clever-looking medical applicants:tongue:

Did you consider taking a train to Bath?:redface: lol. I mean it may have been easier for your dad. :smile:

at 250 quid per person on a train, my dad was like...That's more than I will earn in anyway of the week. lol this was when I tried pre booking 2 weeks in advance!!

Well at least I can warn people from wasting a journey there :tongue:

Just wish I applied to a better uni than bath :/. LJMU was so much better, don't understand why its not higher for Pharmacy. OMG LJMU has a higher pre reg pass rate than Bath haha!
Original post by Doctor.
at 250 quid per person on a train, my dad was like...That's more than I will earn in anyway of the week. lol this was when I tried pre booking 2 weeks in advance!!

Just wish I applied to a better uni than bath :/. LJMU was so much better, don't understand why its not higher for Pharmacy. OMG LJMU has a higher pre reg pass rate than Bath haha!

£250:eek:...I see. But I'm sure Bath isn't that bad:tongue: Many students on here seemed to have fell in love with it when visiting; may just have been a bad day :/. Where do you find the pre-reg pass rates? I'd like to see 'em:h:
Original post by Doctor.

250 quid? How does that work out? It cant be that much , the trainline.com is cheap for tickets and booking in advance would cost you so much less.....
got all my offers already! which uni is the best for pharmacy? is king's college good? or manchester? or?

Bath AAB
Belfast ABB
Cardiff AAB
King's College AAB
Manchester ABB
Original post by James A
250 quid? How does that work out? It cant be that much , the trainline.com is cheap for tickets and booking in advance would cost you so much less.....

No rail cards, Manchester to Bath, 1 week isn't advance as much. 60 quid in petrol was so much cheaper!

Thanks for the site though :smile: +1
Original post by lovexmusic23
got all my offers already! which uni is the best for pharmacy? is king's college good? or manchester? or?

Bath AAB
Belfast ABB
Cardiff AAB
King's College AAB
Manchester ABB

Kings and Cardiff are both amazing. Kings more for the education side, Cardiff for the hardcore partying. Although the scene at Kings is pretty good too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending