The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

North Korea... I mean Zimbabwe... NO! Er... I mean Sweden.
Reply 121
Scotland - I'm fed up with it but if I wasn't from here I would be so in love with the country. I love Scotland :smile:

Otherwise Spain, REAL Spain is amazing, so much of the lifestyle seems to make very little sense yet works really well. I want to live here always.
Original post by Bonged.
Someone from a european country. Which turkey isn't.

In b4 "omg but like 3 percent of turkey is in europe!!!!one11!"

Let's see, population of Norway is about 4.9 million.

The population of Eastern Thrace (Europe, Turkey) is 9.8 million. :facepalm2:
Reply 123
England followed by Italy - the culture is preatty sweat. :biggrin:
Britain, of course.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
Turkey. :p:

Turkey's got more land in continental Europe than the United Kingdom has, and this land is home to approximately 10 million people or more. That's a larger population than some European countries. Also, much of Eastern and Central Europe was part of the Turkish empire for centuries. It is very much a part of Europe and its history.

Look, I agree with Turkey being classified as a European nation given it's huge influence on central European history over the years, and it's largely Western foreign policy outlook these days, and it's high level of economic development, but Turkish Thrace is only just larger than Wales - where on earth are you getting the notion that it's bigger than the United Kingdom?
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
...but Turkish Thrace is only just larger than Wales - where on earth are you getting the notion that it's bigger than the United Kingdom?

I never said it was 'larger than the United Kingdom'. I said it has more land in continental Europe than the United Kingdom.

The size of Eastern Thrace is comparable to Wales, yes. Wales has a population of about 3 million. Eastern Thrace has a population of about 10 million. Again, the size of the area can also be compared to countries like Belgium, Slovenia and Estonia, among others.

I made this point earlier that the area's population is actually larger than a lot of European countries, and that its size is comparable to some.

Latest

Trending

Trending