The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Anyone got an offer of accommodation at Derby Hall? Unfortunately i was late in applying and have no choice but to opt for a 'Single study plus' (shared bathroom with 5 others) if i want to stay at University Park. I'll be doing ChemEng in September hopefully :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Name: Faisal Shamallakh
Course: Chemical Engineering MEng with year in industry
GCSEs: 3A* 3A
AS: 3A & C
A2 subjects: Human Biology, Chemistry, Maths & Stats
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A* (very unrealistic though HAHA)
Reply 662
Name: Jake Cable
Course: Humanistic Counselling
GCSEs: 2B, Rest C and Merit
AS: 3C and Merit
A2 Subjects: Art, Psychology and Media
A2(Predictions or achieved): CB and Distinction

If you would like to chat or get to know me feel free to message me :smile:
Original post by Faisalshamallakh
Name: Faisal Shamallakh
Course: Chemical Engineering MEng with year in industry
GCSEs: 3A* 3A
AS: 3A & C
A2 subjects: Human Biology, Chemistry, Maths & Stats
A2 (predictions or achieved): A*A*A* (very unrealistic though HAHA)

damnnnn you must be smart ... I feel like some peasant now with my A*AB prediction
Reply 664
hey guys, I have put Nottingham as my insurance - if I do not get my firm, how and when do I apply for accommodation? Thanks x
Original post by mathsgenious
i wonder if all the chem eng people got unconditional offers lol

What do you mean?
Original post by n_b
hey guys, I have put Nottingham as my insurance - if I do not get my firm, how and when do I apply for accommodation? Thanks x

you will have to wait till results day and then you can apply through the uni. I was told on an applicant day that everyone is guaranteed accommodation so don't worry but you won't be able to get en-suite as these have been filled up.
Anybody hoping to do BA German Studies (I feel like I'm the only one on this whole planet!), or anybody in Lincoln Hall?
Original post by GeorgiaMae11
Anybody hoping to do BA German Studies (I feel like I'm the only one on this whole planet!), or anybody in Lincoln Hall?

have an offer for joint eng and german, might see you there!
Just thought i'd come in and say as a student who has just finished their fresher year in Nottingham. It's such a ****ing good uni. I know I haven't been to any other uni's but Nottingham is easily definitely one of the best cities for a night out in England. Been at home for about a month and I am getting withdrawal symptoms already XD.

If Notts is your firm, you've picked the right place to come, see you in crisis next year lads
Original post by mariamseeds
Name: Mariam
Course: Medical Physiology and Therapeutics
GCSEs: 5A* 6A
AS: ABBB
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geography (Dropped AS Maths)
A2 (predictions): AAA
ECs: Firmed Nottingham! :smile:

Hello There :smile: got unconditional offer for B121. Hope you get your grades and look forward seeing you on the course :smile:)) BTW back in April there was an open day for this course and have to say its an awesome and very unique course :smile:))
Original post by moos98
Anyone got an offer of accommodation at Derby Hall? Unfortunately i was late in applying and have no choice but to opt for a 'Single study plus' (shared bathroom with 5 others) if i want to stay at University Park. I'll be doing ChemEng in September hopefully :smile:

Yeah, i'm in Derby Hall in a single study plus too
Hi has anyone applied to Florence boot hall? Can't seem to find anyone on tsr or on the Facebook page which is slightly worrying
Hey everyone, I am not sure where to ask this question but what is the university like? I am applying for uni entrance 2017 for medicine and only just heard about nottingham but will not be able to go to an open day and want to know whats it is actually like eg. Atmosphere, Accomodation, Location, even med specific stuff. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot!:redface:
Name: Laura
Course: children's nursing
GCSEs: 1 A*, 4 As, 6 Bs
AS: Health and social care (A), maths (B), psychology (C)
A2 Predictions: Heath and social care (A), maths (B), psychology (B)
I retook AS psychology and need BBB to get in. My only worry is that I'll miss a grade in maths and don't know if they'll accept me if I have a higher grade in another subject
UoN here I come!!
Reply 676
Original post by Fangedbeast
UoN here I come!!

YAYYYYYY! Me too!
Reply 677
Name: Brittnie Moss-Jeremiah
Course: Law with Spanish and Spanish Law
GCSEs: 2A*s, 5As, 5Bs
AS: AABB
A2 subjects: History, English Literature, Spanish
A2 (predictions or achieved): Achieved - A*AB

Accommodation - Cavendish Hall; anyone else here?
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask how good the Nottingham maths department is in comparison to other places like Warwick Ucl etc
Original post by Crozzer24
Hi has anyone applied to Florence boot hall? Can't seem to find anyone on tsr or on the Facebook page which is slightly worrying

I'm going to be in Florence Boot!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending