The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Chances of getting into UoN Economics/Industrial Economics through UCAS Extra

I'm highly considering rejecting my offers to apply to Nottingham Economics or Industrial Economics. I'm predicted A*AA and I'm pretty sure my personal statement is strong. Are my chances of getting in high to both courses? (I've emailed the university and they have said they have vacancies). I would prefer industrial economics because of the entry requirements which I would be a lot more confident getting. However, would I have to make a new personal statement to apply to industrial economics?
Reply 1
Rejected bio med offers received spoken to Nottingham admissions said they would be happy for an application for Economics through UCAS Extra. Predicted Grades are 4* so hoping for the best. Personal statement is for Medicine have not ask for another personal statement.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
This worries me a bit lol. I thought the competition would not be very tough for extra, I wonder how many others are applying to Nottingham courses through it. When did you apply?
Original post by Beep24
Rejected bio med offers received spoken to Nottingham admissions said they would be happy for an application for Economics through UCAS Extra. Predicted Grades are 4* so hoping for the best. Personal statement is for Medicine have not ask for another personal statement.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by aweller08
This worries me a bit lol. I thought the competition would not be very tough for extra, I wonder how many others are applying to Nottingham courses through it. When did you apply?

Last week
Reply 4
Got an offer this evening
Reply 5
Wow congratulations. If I apply I'll probably apply to industrial Econ as then im one grade above the entry requirements.
Original post by Beep24
Got an offer this evening
Reply 6
Wow congratulations. If I apply I'll probably apply to industrial Econ as then im one grade above the entry requirements.

Thanks good luck to you too.
Reply 7

Hi I am likely to receive similar predicted grades with only one A star and two As. Is this too low for a course like Econ, specifically at Notts? I know its the requirement but I'm sure many apply with higher grades like 3 A*s
I'm highly considering rejecting my offers to apply to Nottingham Economics or Industrial Economics. I'm predicted A*AA and I'm pretty sure my personal statement is strong. Are my chances of getting in high to both courses? (I've emailed the university and they have said they have vacancies). I would prefer industrial economics because of the entry requirements which I would be a lot more confident getting. However, would I have to make a new personal statement to apply to industrial economics?

Hi! If you make an application, it is possible to upload a personal statement related to the course for which you are applying, to your documents. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending