The Student Room Group

Predicted grades.

My predicted grades are ABB, in economics, maths and psychology. I was wondering to what extent to they really matter. I am confident I will get AAB in my Alevels and was just curious that if my personal statement is good and my final grades are better than my predicted grades, will I still be able to attend a good university.
Original post by Arthurk2
My predicted grades are ABB, in economics, maths and psychology. I was wondering to what extent to they really matter. I am confident I will get AAB in my Alevels and was just curious that if my personal statement is good and my final grades are better than my predicted grades, will I still be able to attend a good university.

It depends on the unis entry requirements, if you predicted grades meet the minimum entry requirements and they like your personal statement they'll give you an offer, but if your grades are lower they'll only consider you if you've done a programme with the university or have a contextual offer
Reply 2
I’ve checked the requirement and I’m eligible for contextual offers for all the universities I’m interested in. How would I apply for a contextual offer, can it be done through UCAS or does it have to be done privately.
I’ve checked the requirement and I’m eligible for contextual offers for all the universities I’m interested in. How would I apply for a contextual offer, can it be done through UCAS or does it have to be done privately.

As long as all the details are correct on your ucas application, the universities will consider your circumstances and give you a reduced offer, so you don't have to 'apply' for an offer.. Hope this helps 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by duckthepotato
As long as all the details are correct on your ucas application, the universities will consider your circumstances and give you a reduced offer, so you don't have to 'apply' for an offer.. Hope this helps 🙂

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!😁

Yes absolutely! As long as your personal statement is really strong, you can get into a really good university. When I was applying, so many universities including Queen Mary, SOAS and Nottingham reduced their entry grades for me based on my personal statement and Birmingham gave me an unconditional offer based on my application so it's definitely possible. I'd recommend applying to one or two universities with slightly higher grades than your predicted and ensuring you have a strong personal statement and work towards beating your predicted grades.

Hope this helps!
Z
UG IR & Arabic
Reply 6
Original post by SOAS Student Rep
Yes absolutely! As long as your personal statement is really strong, you can get into a really good university. When I was applying, so many universities including Queen Mary, SOAS and Nottingham reduced their entry grades for me based on my personal statement and Birmingham gave me an unconditional offer based on my application so it's definitely possible. I'd recommend applying to one or two universities with slightly higher grades than your predicted and ensuring you have a strong personal statement and work towards beating your predicted grades.

Hope this helps!
Z
UG IR & Arabic

Thank for the reply,
Do you recommend having 3 universities above my predicted grades and then two safer options?
I am currently considering, Leeds , Southampton , Queen Mary, Loughborough, Nottingham and Sussex as my options. I want to send my application today so I need to decide soon.
Reply 7
The usual advice for your 5 UCAS choices is :
1 or 2 choices just above your predicted grades - one grade and not in a vital subject
2 or 3 at your predicted grades
1 choice below your predicted grades
Thank for the reply,
Do you recommend having 3 universities above my predicted grades and then two safer options?
I am currently considering, Leeds , Southampton , Queen Mary, Loughborough, Nottingham and Sussex as my options. I want to send my application today so I need to decide soon.

One or two universities with grades above your predicted is usually best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending