The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've made a few polls. Please vote all!
This poll was entirely motivated by personal feelings towards delegates, rather than based on their performance in the MUN.

Just to take as examples, the delegates that brimstone1 has put up for individual polls:

10 votes - Cheangks - Italian delegate - Never posted in MUN.
8 votes - -Sophie- -Spanish delegate - Posted 8 times in MUN, not since 27/12/05.
8 votes - Spikdboy - Indian delegate - Posted 9 times in MUN, not since 13/12/05.
4 votes - Icelandic delegate - ? Can't find anything.
15 votes - US delegate - Posted 237 times in MUN, including 74 times since 01/01/06.

As for the others in this original poll:

7 votes - Multiplexed - Afghan delegate - Posted 14 times in MUN, not for 2 weeks.
7 votes - MMA - Syrian delegate - Posted 23 times in MUN.
6 votes - Simeon125 - South Korean delegate - Posted 22 times in MUN.
6 votes - Deej2 - Vietnamese delegate - Posted 113 times in MUN, not since 30/12/05.
6 votes - Javalinnn - South African delegate - Posted 20 times in MUN.
4 votes - Amar183 - Sudanese delegate - Posted 7 times in MUN.
6 votes - Uma!r - Belgian delegate - Posted 4 times in MUN, not for 2 weeks.
(Swedish & Singaporean delegates excluded because of inaccuracies in poll statement of representative/no information)

Why is the US delegate being categorised with these others (and indeed receiving more votes than anyone else in the first poll) when the US delegate has a FAR superior participation record to any of the others being put up for a second vote?

The US delegate has posted more in MUN than the rest of the delegates in the poll PUT TOGETHER! If we take delegates who have been active this year, she has posted over double as much as the rest put together!

Why is the US delegate being put up for removal on grounds of inactivity when she has registered an average of over 1.25 posts a day in the forum since 01/01/06?

Micronesia condemns the voting in this poll and attempted procedure as a personal attack on the US delegate and a sham.
The US rep is being removed as she has not posted in any relevant threads in the MUN, up until she found out she might be removed. Out of character here, but there are many threads that the US should have responded to. For example, a debate on nuclear weapons in Germany - was the US there? No. North Korea? No

She needs to go.
The US delegate has been involved in threads on such diverse topics as:

Iranian nuclear development
The Danish Cartoons
US-Cuba tension
Israel
Iraq
The Phillipines landslide
Comments of Chirac
World Inequality

since the beginning of the year. She's posted 74 times in that space of time.

And you want her removed for inactivity? She has a better participation record than the majority of delegates and a far far better record (as in, not even in the same league) than any of the others who have been subjected to polls about their removal.
Although the US may have been involved in the above threads, the level of involvement has significantly dropped since the beginning of February. It is just not feasible to have a representative for the US who posts only every now and then. As many other members have pointed out as well as I, this is ruining the MUN for others. We needs someone representing the US who will post every day, and not just occasionally.
brimstone1
the level of involvement has significantly dropped since the beginning of February.

I count 35 posts by the US delegate which are labelled '4 weeks ago' or sooner. That works out as more than once a day, does it not?

brimstone1
As many other members have pointed out as well as I, this is ruining the MUN for others.

Have you noticed the general absence of interesting threads or participation in the MUN? This cannot all be down to one delegate, there is a drop-off far more serious than that.

brimstone1
We needs someone representing the US who will post every day, and not just occasionally.

As I've said, posting averages since the beginning of the year and since '4 weeks ago' are both higher than once a day.
JonathanH
1) I count 35 posts by the US delegate which are labelled '4 weeks ago' or sooner. That works out as more than once a day, does it not?

2) Have you noticed the general absence of interesting threads or participation in the MUN? This cannot all be down to one delegate, there is a drop-off far more serious than that.

3) As I've said, posting averages since the beginning of the year and since '4 weeks ago' are both higher than once a day.

1) The US delegate may be posting, but not often enough. As I have said previously, we need her to post on a regular basis, preferably daily, which is not happening.

2) As I have said in the US Removal Poll Thread, I am not only blaming the US. It is down to other reps to, as I have indicated by making removal polls for them. The lack of appearances by the US is ruining it for some members, who feel they cannot debate the issues properly without her.

3) Although posting 'averages' may be higher, the US is still not posting regularly.

Latest

Trending

Trending