The Student Room Group

UEA 2015 medicine entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by Sacico
Thanks for the reply I don't even have the first one with the id and pw. Will give them a call tmr. Do you know if the incompletion of my dbs check will delay the issue of my cas no.?

Well my dbs wasnt finished either n i did get the cas email. So just call em n ask em i think the only thing is that u need a UNCONDITIONAL offer .
Hi guys.

Congratulations on your offers and all.

I'm applying for 2016 entry:
Do you think, honestly, based on your experience I would stand a good shot at UAE?

GCSE: 5A* 5A
AS:AAAB
UKCAT: 680 avg. SJT band 2

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there anyone who has still not been told about their accommodation?
Reply 1803
Original post by hi-zen-berg
Hi guys.

Congratulations on your offers and all.

I'm applying for 2016 entry:
Do you think, honestly, based on your experience I would stand a good shot at UAE?

GCSE: 5A* 5A
AS:AAAB
UKCAT: 680 avg. SJT band 2

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thats preety good !! The ukcat n all are on point ! Congrats on a good result!
Im international so i don't know about AS or GCSE req but looks like u definetly csn in the end its ur interview that matters tbh. I think u could make it to the interview
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1804
Original post by An4w42
Is there anyone who has still not been told about their accommodation?

I got the email abt a month back fr that n another one today abt a facebook grp .. U did apply during the deadline right?
With a UKCAT score average of 630 is there any point considering UAE? I'm 43 points predicted in IB and 9A*s and 1A at GCSE? My UKCAT really was a let down :/
Hey guys! anyone have an idea as to where to apply with my stats so far??

GCSE's: 3 A*'3 ( Maths, english lang, history) + rest A's
A-levels - 3 B's at AS (not ideal i know) + A at AS and A2 in RS
UKCAT - 720 average and total of 2880 (not going to lie i have the faintest idea whether this is good or not...) + band 2 for SJT
BMAT - considering taking it so i need to apply this week!

Predictions will hopefully be all A's if i convince the heck out of my teachers cos i really do want to apply to medicine this year ( maybe 3 med and 2 boomed or 4 med and 1 boomed if i'm daring enough)

Thanks in advance!
Original post by medfreak123
Hey guys! anyone have an idea as to where to apply with my stats so far??

GCSE's: 3 A*'3 ( Maths, english lang, history) + rest A's
A-levels - 3 B's at AS (not ideal i know) + A at AS and A2 in RS
UKCAT - 720 average and total of 2880 (not going to lie i have the faintest idea whether this is good or not...) + band 2 for SJT
BMAT - considering taking it so i need to apply this week!

Predictions will hopefully be all A's if i convince the heck out of my teachers cos i really do want to apply to medicine this year ( maybe 3 med and 2 boomed or 4 med and 1 boomed if i'm daring enough)

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I had similar stats to you but a much lower ukcat (yours is very good by the way) and I got 3 offers. Also you can only apply to 4 medicine btw :") You need to apply wisely based on your AS, I erase arched where I had the strongest likelihood of getting it a lot and 3/4 ... Keele rejected me but you have a strong chance based on your ukcat,also they screwed up their application procedure this year as well so hopefully it will have improve do.
I got offers from hull York medical school, lancaster and UEA. Because of your as grades and not b img predicted any A*s UEA may reject your or the 5yr course but offer you the foundation course if you fit the criteria which they did for me which means you only need ABB in whichever subjects and takes off some of the pressure,

Hope this helps you, if you need any more info pm me :smile:
Reply 1808
I'm considering UEA, it's between here and barts.
GCSE:11A 1A*
AS:ABBB
A2: prediction of AAA
ukcat:685 average SJT band 2
Thoughts on which one I should go for?
( I also have an A in AS gen studs and am doing EPQS this year which leans me towards barts)
Hey, I'm in exactly the same position, struggling to choose between Barts and UEA!
GCSE 6A*4A
Achieved A levels- A*AAb
same UKCAT score 685 band 2
I am considering doing an EPQ on my gap year to push my tariff up, but not sure if I should risk it
What do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending