The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i feel physically sick and have done all morning. last night wasnt even that good :frown:
Reply 341
pissed off
Probably hungover.
Reply 343
I feel great, got into my firm uni :smile:
Great! I had my first nights sleep in about 4 weeks.

:biggrin:
Lets seee:

hangover CHECK

Pissed off I missed insurance by 2 UMS CHECK

Pissed off I missed firm by 6 UMS CHECK

Happy I got a good university still CHECK

So all in all not to bad.
Worried. Although I should be grateful. I knew I wasn't going to make my insurance or firm, I totally divebombed my A Levels (oh dear). But I've still had two offers through clearing for courses I'm really interested in doing. But I'm waiting for an important call back... Will it ever come? And if it does, will it be good news? *sigh*
Reply 347
oh_adele
My coursework got marked down 40% from my predicted A, for the D.

This. i felt well and truley screwed over in my coursework marks. I handed them all in well before the deadlines, made the appropriate changes. Got told it was A grade then it got marked as E borderline D i mean wtf? i felt like punting my tutor in the head. :angry:
Reply 348
Excited? Nervous?
I didn't get into my firm which was as far south as you can get & the uni was really quiet. (and i knew quite a few people there already)
got into my insurance though, which is Greenwich, in the middle of London...so i'm officially crapping myself, but trying to be excited :woo: lol
Sithius
Why? It's not like you've won the lottery. Lol.

with my past academic history in comparison with what was required...trust me..it was like winning the lottery. And i have a general weird feeling about being 18, moving out, living on my own...just generally not being a kid anymore etc.
Reply 350
I'm in limbo. Newcastle's my firm and wanted ABC/BBB (excluding General studies) and Sheffield's my insurance with ABB (including General studies and want an A in English language)

I ended up getting AAAD (with the D in german :frown:)

So I'm into Sheffield but on a waiting list of 9 people for Newcastle (I'm number 8). I have my heart set on Newcastle though and if I don't make it in, I'm taking a year out and reapplying for Newcastle next year. Hope I'll be accepted with those grades.
Reply 351
itszednotzee
Yeah, I might as well.
The offer was AAA but i was told that they would accept me with AAB and I was 7 ums off AAB so im going to try!
What was your offer?

my offer was AAA, i got AAC, was so close to a B. bloody ruthless!
x
tazzz
This. i felt well and truley screwed over in my coursework marks. I handed them all in well before the deadlines, made the appropriate changes. Got told it was A grade then it got marked as E borderline D i mean wtf? i felt like punting my tutor in the head. :angry:

This happened to me last year, my coursework got marked down hella loads in Psychology. I still got into my firm though because I only needed 240 ucas points, I think I would have cried if I had like a 300 ucas points firm and didn't get in.

I don't trust coursework at all, it happened at AS level as well in a different subject, I had to redo all my as level coursework along with my A level coursework. I did cry when I got my AS level results because I did fine in my mocks, it was a shock and put me into a right panic for the next year because I realised I couldn't predict whether I was doing well or not.
clozet
Grades: AAAB
Subjects: French, English Lit, History, German
Firm Offer: ABB
Uni and Course: Birmingham, French and Russian
Reaction: :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:
I am so happy. I cannot even put it into words! I thought I'd got AABB at the very very best and more likely ABBB...but I OWNED those exams and I really don't know how!!!!! I'm most ecstatic with English Lit and History as I got a B and a C respectively in those last year! I somehow managed to get History from a C to an A???! I mean, WOW. I got 87/90 on my history coursework which was so so so amazing; I think I might print it out again, have it framed and hang it on my bedroom wall. I'm THAT cool :p: The only niggling thing is German - a B is a fantastic grade considering I only had 2 1/2 hours a week of contact time but I got ABD on the modules so I think I'll get that remarked. But the joy of my other results totally overshadows that, and hey, it can't all be perfect!!! :woo:

hey cloz!! it's me, you may remember me from random languages@uni threads! well done!!!! those grades are so amazing, take it you're going to brum then?? have a great time!! :smile:
Reply 354
alexandramarycatherine
hey cloz!! it's me, you may remember me from random languages@uni threads! well done!!!! those grades are so amazing, take it you're going to brum then?? have a great time!! :smile:

hey! yeah I do :biggrin: thank you so much! how did you do? yeah I'm off to Birmingham! cannot wait :woo: I thought you were going to Bristol?? we have a new name for the languages applicants thread now, it's 'the Modern Languages Freshers (and Anatheme) 09/10 Thread' :p: :biggrin:
clozet
hey! yeah I do :biggrin: thank you so much! how did you do? yeah I'm off to Birmingham! cannot wait :woo: I thought you were going to Bristol?? we have a new name for the languages applicants thread now, it's 'the Modern Languages Freshers (and Anatheme) 09/10 Thread' :p: :biggrin:

Aww I bet you're so excited! I got 3 As!! GET IN! I'm so happy!
I've changed my mind about Briz, I've decided I can't bear to give up music so I'm gonna reapply to do Spanish and music for 2010, and Bristol don't do that! bit annoying, but oh well.. :smile:
oohh cool! haha and Anatheme. I'll go check it out, even though I'm not going! teehee :p:
Reply 356
alexandramarycatherine
Aww I bet you're so excited! I got 3 As!! GET IN! I'm so happy!
I've changed my mind about Briz, I've decided I can't bear to give up music so I'm gonna reapply to do Spanish and music for 2010, and Bristol don't do that! bit annoying, but oh well.. :smile:
oohh cool! haha and Anatheme. I'll go check it out, even though I'm not going! teehee :p:

:woo: well done!! that's amaaazing!! ah fairy snuff :smile: there's someone on our awesome newly named thread doing German and Music :woo: I see in your sig you're considering Birmingham...:yep: :wink: :p: annoying Bristol don't do it - I know they do French and Music, you'd think it wouldn't be too much trouble for them to do Spanish and Music as well!! yes definitely come back to the thread :biggrin: we'll let you :p: so what are your plans for your gap year?
clozet
:woo: well done!! that's amaaazing!! ah fairy snuff :smile: there's someone on our awesome newly named thread doing German and Music :woo: I see in your sig you're considering Birmingham...:yep: :wink: :p: annoying Bristol don't do it - I know they do French and Music, you'd think it wouldn't be too much trouble for them to do Spanish and Music as well!! yes definitely come back to the thread :biggrin: we'll let you :p: so what are your plans for your gap year?

Thaanks !!! :smile: yeh rosamund! I actually just sent her a message, we were buddies throughout the gruelling days of waiting for offers. Yeh man, brum would be great...if they'll consider me again! I don't know what Bristol's problem is, if they did Spanish and music my life would finally be complete...I hope they realise that!!! :P
my gap year...I have many a plan! I want to teach spanish, teach singing, I'm doing plays and I'm in 2 choirs...it's all happening!! Ima be the busiest person ever for a bit, and then uni! wooo!!
I'll pop over to the thread then :biggrin:
x
clozet

I'm off to Birmingham too, but not in languages, in Chem :awesome:
Reply 359
AutVinceriAutMori
I'm off to Birmingham too, but not in languages, in Chem :awesome:

:five: :woo: it's going to be amaaaazing :biggrin: what accommodation have you got?

Latest

Trending

Trending