The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
i got a merit in my english AEA and 100% in a few modules :biggrin:
I still messed up (BDDDU) but I have my circumstances..

I still feel disappointed though even though what happened which affected my grades was beyond my control.
Reply 102
Was pleasantly surprised with my 118/120 in my sociology unit 2 exam! YAY :smile:
Reply 103
In the mocks of bio I got a low D, and in the exams I got a mid A :biggrin:
Reply 104
I had no use for general studies but still took the papers anyway as it was compulsary. Overall, i scored poorly on the Maths and Science bits (don't do those at A level) but some how managed to score 120/120 on the politics/social module.
Reply 105
An A in the mammalian physiology and behaviour unit of biology! And B's in unifying concepts for bio and chem. Especially surprised at those 2.. I found unifying concepts SO tough.
Moved from a C to an A in chemistry. Was so happy, I fully cried for about 10 mins! lol Worked so hard for that mark. Everyone looked at me like wtf?!
Full UMS in Unit 5 and 6 Economics plus Distinction in AEA :woo:
96/105 (A) in French unit 6 - speaking! Even though my tape literally has me going "jedjghgllhbh" on it and calling my tutor 'tu' again, I think. I put so much work into speaking over the whole course - I started off pretty much mute in French - and I'm really really pleased it paid off. Even better, that's going to give me the confidence to carry on speaking. It's the best thing to've come out of the whole A-level, that result.
fox_the_fix
Thanks :biggrin: i was shaking and stuttering when i saw the result lol :eek3: If that thread didn't exist i would have failed that horribly (i basically wrote a model essay for ultruism in the thread, and i also only revised parent relationships the night before because someone in the thread suggested it!)

Did you meet your offer? If the psychology went badly then you can always retake, i am going back for a third year and i am fine with it, it means i can get better grades, take up some AS's i enjoy and have a more relaxed and prolonged approach to uni which gives me a better grounding than the vast majority of other candidates.

Yeah I see what you mean, it means you can enjoy it more, and know you are actually getting somewhere, and its not the be all and end all!

Yeah I met my offer...got a D in psychology overall, and that paper was a U :| but i was ill, and had to leave for 45 mins haha

Buttt i'm going to my uni, so my psychology grade can go **** itself :biggrin: haha
History really surprised me. Got a D in the January exam so had to resit this summer as well as taking the second exam. Opened the exam results expecting more Ds, possibly Cs and there were two Bs O_O I'm amazed =D
Reply 111
i got 93% in geography when i expected a c/d
I was expecting a B in History, and in the modules something like BCD. So, very shocked today when I received 83/90, 79/90 and 102/120, aka AAA, and an A overall!

I always *genuinely* think I've done badly and then always end up having done OK. Either I need to have a bit more faith in myself or A-levels are far too easy :tongue:
Reply 113
For the entire year (AS) I've wanted to get an A in French despite the fact so many people told me it's extremely difficult unless you're speaking it at home blahblahblah and so although I really wanted an A I decided maybe a B was a more suitable goal. I then started to tailor my uni choices around getting a B in French (I plan to do french and history) and was disheartened because I thought many of the unis I wanted to apply to would be asking for As in French or would have many applicants boasting an A. So when I opened my results today and found out I got an A 188/200 I was over the moon :biggrin: Getting 58/60 on my speaking really made me feel very happy and it made the disappointment of not getting the grade for history I was predicted less.
JCM89
My nephew got an A in AS maths.... he's stoked and only 12 yrs old :biggrin:

wow when i was 12 i got lost in WH Smith
Bezzler
I got 263 for AS history, then for my three A2 history modules I got 292! Only dropped 8 marks, and that was on the big paper (where I was expecting a C...). Also I got full marks on C4 (OCR MEI) - first maths module I've got full marks on!

woaaaawwww you did 7 a/as levels??????!!!!
In my general studies politics exam in the essay I went on a HUGE rant about unethical corporations and people who don't boycott these corporations. It was supposed to be a debate but I essentially made it an opinion column. It was admittedly an epic article that I wrote but I didn't even give an opposing view. I also know NOTHING about general politics and thought I'd lose a fair few marks on the first section. I got 120/120! :|

And getting 565/600 in maths was pretty special. :smile:
Getting three As.

Getting full marks in two English papers.

Getting full marks in a Biology paper I was sure I failed.

Getting a Distinction in AEA English (again thought it was a definite fail).

Yeah, quite a few pleasant surprises!
I wanted to take a subject, got forced to take History instead - hated it all year, got D's/E's all year got a B now, only 2% off an A!
Was predicted a scrape c in chem during the mocks, got a gooood B :smile: and v high mark in maths :proud: :biggrin:

Latest