The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No, if anything you will be at an advantage I would say, because you are taking a gap year so you already have your (excellent) A level grades available. You have proven that you can achieve these results already, so I reckon you will be fine!
Reply 2
Why would you be at a disadvantage? How would they even know? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
EskimoJo
Why would you be at a disadvantage? How would they even know? :s-smilie:

Sorry, so it isn't compulsory to enter my AS grades? Will the unis know about my retakes? Thank you for your help:smile:
dolly-x-girl
Sorry, so it isn't compulsory to enter my AS grades? Will the unis know about my retakes? Thank you for your help:smile:

Only if they were cashed in. Otherwise, you just enter your A2 results.
Reply 5
dolly-x-girl

You just enter your A-level grades. :indiff: And with those, your GCSEs and your gap year work, you won't be at any disadvantage! :yy:
AAAA at A2 is more than enough to secure a place on just about any course you care to name at any of those universities.
Reply 7
Aphotic Cosmos
AAAA at A2 is more than enough to secure a place on just about any course you care to name at any of those universities.

That is overoptimistic.

But the bad AS year is not a big issue. i.e. have great A2 rebound.
well done
Paulwhy
That is overoptimistic.

But the bad AS year is not a big issue. i.e. have great A2 rebound.
well done

Not really. While they may well want to interview the OP, AAAA exceeds the entry requirements for virtually every course at any of those 5 universities.

Of course, that doesn't guarantee admission by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a pretty strong indicator that the OP is a good candidate, especially since they managed to improve in a year's worth of work.
Reply 9
Aphotic Cosmos
Not really. While they may well want to interview the OP, AAAA exceeds the entry requirements for virtually every course at any of those 5 universities.

Of course, that doesn't guarantee admission by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a pretty strong indicator that the OP is a good candidate, especially since they managed to improve in a year's worth of work.

That I would agree with. (aprt from the fact that many courses do not interview).

i.e. a bit different to what you said originally:

:smile:
Reply 10
Thank you everyone! Feel a lot more confident about it all now.

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending