The Student Room Group

Will the Army find out if I falsify my medical records?

I really want to join the Army but I have Aspergers and a history of depression/anxiety and medication use. Apparently people with mild Aspergers (which is me) can still join as can people with a history of depression, but I assume that with two potentially disqualifying things on my record I don't stand a chance. I know it's dishonest but there are hackers online who say they can alter your medical records, will the Army find out if I do this? I really want to join (there isn't another job I want to do) and I know that I would be able to (I only have Aspergers very mildly and it barely affects me if at all, they did say I might not have it as well, and I'm no longer depressed/anxious or on medication), but I'm 99.9% sure that I don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell if I'm honest. Is it likely that they'll find out if I give them fake medical records? Or will the NHS find out and tell the Army?
Hopefully.
Reply 2
One of the reasons the medical standards for joining the military are strict is to protect not only you, but also the people around you. You don't know that you can do it as you do not have the full picture of the physical and mental stresses of training and working conditions, and you'll have the responsibility of carrying a loaded weapon at times; don't go down the selfish and dangerous route of trying to get in on false pretences.

If you think you may not have Asperger's, get reassessed. Nothing stopping you applying, but accept if it's a no.

Former RAF Recruiter.
Just don't do it mate. It's not worth it. From what you've said you're considering it seems like you're focused on getting in rather than whether you're fit to join. I know how much you must want this, but falsifying a medical record will introduce all sorts of problems into your life that you just don't need. Dishonesty is taken incredibly seriously and if you're found out then you'll pay the price.

Quick Reply

Latest