The Student Room Group
Students at the Royal Agricultural College
Royal Agricultural University
Cirencester

Would love to get into Agriculture could anyone help me?

Found the Royal Agricultural University online and I’m quite interested in going sep 22 but I’m not sure as I’m not posh nor did I attend a private school. My question is do I stand a chance of even being accepted as I didn’t do too well in my A Levels either, I’m currently in my gap year and think I’ve finally decided what to do with my future. I see that they offer an agricultural degree with a foundation year for far less ucas points, my main question would be is RAU too ambitious for me to get into? And if so are there any other university’s you’d recommend. Thank you :smile:
Original post by miapaul1
Found the Royal Agricultural University online and I’m quite interested in going sep 22 but I’m not sure as:

1. I’m not posh nor did I attend a private school.

2. My question is do I stand a chance of even being accepted as I didn’t do too well in my A Levels either, I’m currently in my gap year and think I’ve finally decided what to do with my future.

3. I see that they offer an agricultural degree with a foundation year for far less ucas points, my main question would be is RAU too ambitious for me to get into?

And if so are there any other university’s you’d recommend. Thank you :smile:

Hiya, I've split your post up into 3 main questions.

(1) 50% of RAU's intake are from independent schools, 50% are from state schools. (2017-2018 report, page 11)

(2) If you meet the entry requirements, you stand a chance. :thumbsup:

(3) What are your A Level grades? With that info, I'll be able to answer the question more definitively. :yep:
Students at the Royal Agricultural College
Royal Agricultural University
Cirencester
Original post by miapaul1
Found the Royal Agricultural University online and I’m quite interested in going sep 22 but I’m not sure as I’m not posh nor did I attend a private school. My question is do I stand a chance of even being accepted as I didn’t do too well in my A Levels either, I’m currently in my gap year and think I’ve finally decided what to do with my future. I see that they offer an agricultural degree with a foundation year for far less ucas points, my main question would be is RAU too ambitious for me to get into? And if so are there any other university’s you’d recommend. Thank you :smile:

I was accepted :smile: it was my first offer too and I am in no way rich /well off and don’t have high grades ! As long as your personal statement is good you’ll stand a good chance of getting in !
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
I study Agriculture too in college. I think farming could be profitable field for investing . I found EOS ag software that helps to calculate the Normalized Difference Water Index and help farmers remotely assess the health of their crops, cut costs on scouting, soil testing, and farm management, and use seeds and fertilizers more efficiently. What could be better. I think AG software is the future and it is a must have tool for farmers.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
I wasn't the best student and didn't come from a fancy background, but I still got into a university that taught me much about farming. It's more about how much you like farming than where you come from or your grades.

I have my farm now. Farming today isn't just about working in the fields. It's also about using new technology to help out. I use this cool stuff from*https://thingsboard.io/smart-farming/*that helps me better monitor my crops and use my resources. It's a mix of old-school farming and new tech.

So, don't worry too much about your grades or background. If you like farming, there's a way for you to do it.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending