The Student Room Group

GCSE grades were bad, if I get good a levels can I go to kings for finance?

I did my GCSE and I didn’t do great due to the fact I was distracted and didn’t have great mental health at the time. I pulled a 777665554443 and a 5 in English language a seven in maths and a five in econ. I’m retaking English language to get a six or a above but wanted to know if I get three a stars in my subjects and an A in an epq(my subjects are economics,maths, physics) will I still be able to go to any uni I want (except LSE and oxbridge). Or if there is a chance of LSE please do let me know?
Reply 1
Hi I know Cambridge doesn’t have a certain criteria for the gcse requirements but usually most students applying have 6s or above for everything. However this doesn’t mean you don’t have a chance at all and if you are strong in all other aspects you still would be a competitive applicant. With lse they often ask for a strong gcse with several 7s and an above, at least for law I know they do and I think it’s roughly similar but not a must. You definitely have strong grades in maths and a few others which help and I know a few students who have 5-6s in all gcses and they were in,. LSE have a more personal statement focus and all unis are also aware of how gcses are done in young ages and they contextually take them. You still have a chance but to be honest you will need to be very strong with your personal statement and any entrance exams or interviews etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Hailey629
Hi I know Cambridge doesn’t have a certain criteria for the gcse requirements but usually most students applying have 6s or above for everything. However this doesn’t mean you don’t have a chance at all and if you are strong in all other aspects you still would be a competitive applicant. With lse they often ask for a strong gcse with several 7s and an above, at least for law I know they do and I think it’s roughly similar but not a must. You definitely have strong grades in maths and a few others which help and I know a few students who have 5-6s in all gcses and they were in,. LSE have a more personal statement focus and all unis are also aware of how gcses are done in young ages and they contextually take them. You still have a chance but to be honest you will need to be very strong with your personal statement and any entrance exams or interviews etc.

Thankyou but I meant unis that don’t include them three. I am resitting English language and hoping for a six. And I was just asking if I did have a strong personal statement with good work experience and all a stars in a levels will I get in or is it unlikely. I also speak three language fluently and do cadets and a few extra curricular. I have already done a few but only recently started year 12. I did a few with PWC, SAP and hope to get into jp Morgan’s one soon.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
I mean if they haven’t mentioned their requirements you possibly do stand a good chance as ur predicted grades with A* will stand out, the best thing could be to email them asking what they look for if they do in gcse grades maybe and it can help you to see if u have a chance bud I would say to still apply as you have competitive other aspects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending