The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I want to know that too, because I can't apply for accommodation unless they've done so. :frown:
Reply 2
Mine isn't too bad as I have completed the accommodation form online but I'll probably ring it through when i get the confirmation of my place. I'm seriously hoping that my place is confirmed today/tomorrow!
Reply 3
I put my choice in on Thursday and it was confirmed yesterday (Monday)
Reply 4
Thanks for the info mate, gives me a little bit of a comparison at the very least. I put my details in on Saturday but, obviously, I didn't expect it to even be looked at until Monday. Hopefully it will be confirmed tomorrow.

If it isn't confirmed tomorrow, I will ring up the admissions tutor on Thursday, I have his direct number! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Right, well I rang up the university just now and they told me they are hoping to get track updated today and I should be able to view a decision tonight.

A decision? I've been offered a place, why would they say a decision? Made me slightly nervous to be honest.
Reply 6
I just got an email from yougo saying well done, you've done the hard bit now meet your future classmates.

WTF? Ucas Track still isn't updated, I'm taking it as a confirmation! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Depends on the uni. Some uni's are faster than others. I went through clearing as well and got a verbal acceptance onto a course in queen mary last thursday. So then I entered the course details on track on friday. I've been callin them since monday to update my track, they said their system crashed. UCAS even said to me that their system might be slow or something. I am slightly worries, but because the head of admissions confirmed my place verbally, I'm trying not to worry! Guys if u have the grades and have the verbal acceptance, try and relax. & 01Ten they just say 'decision' to be more formal, very unlikely they're trying to decide/not decide. BASICALLY THEY'RE VERY GOOD AT MAKING STUDENTS FEEL NERVOUS!
Reply 8
What I really don't get is that it still isn't updated now (despite the uni telling me it would be) but I got an email from yougo.co.uk saying congratulations!

Is this just a case of track taking ages to update?
Reply 9
01Ten
What I really don't get is that it still isn't updated now (despite the uni telling me it would be) but I got an email from yougo.co.uk saying congratulations!

Is this just a case of track taking ages to update?

I also received the yougo email, but no idea if it's related or not. Still waiting on confirmation of my place from UCAS.
Reply 10
I'd assume that yougo will only send that email to people who have been confirmed on their course, I reckon it's just track being slow to be honest. I really hope so anyway, I want my confirmation letter so I can start getting things sorted! :biggrin:
Reply 11
I think the yougo mail thing is just procedure and stuff, dont think its related but I'm liking the analogy of the link between the email from yougo and our acceptance at a uni! Like I said, when I called ucas 2day, they said they hadnt got a reply from queen mary YET and I even called up the uni like soooooo many times, they said it takes a while coz they have so many applicants doing clearing. So it reli is a two way thing, could be track bein a slow bitch or the uni taking their bloody time! & 01Ten the uni will formally let you know...all in good time even though its very annoying!
Reply 12
What number did you ring for UCAS?

As I said, I rang the uni and they said that they would get everything updated today and I would be able to see the confirmation this evening. As this hasn't happened, I assume it is UCAS being slow bitches! :biggrin:
Reply 13
01Ten
What number did you ring for UCAS?

As I said, I rang the uni and they said that they would get everything updated today and I would be able to see the confirmation this evening. As this hasn't happened, I assume it is UCAS being slow bitches! :biggrin:

The number i rang for ucas was 0871 4680 4680. Call them up direct and see if the uni has given them a reply. If they have, then its ucas being sloooow and if they havent, then the uni is being fishy...

But in the overall, I would think uni's are extremely busy at this time, I know people who applied to a uni originally as their firm but got their track updated a week after results day, even though they called the uni who said they got the place. So I would believe the uni's have to sort out clearing applications AND of those who originally got their place, hence why they're quite busy.
Reply 14
Just rang UCAS and they said there's no decision on their system yet. Very annoying.

I guess the unis are really busy, I'll give it until tomorrow probably.
Reply 15
01Ten
Just rang UCAS and they said there's no decision on their system yet. Very annoying.

I guess the unis are really busy, I'll give it until tomorrow probably.

Haha veeeeerrry annoying innit. I'm going to call up the uni now and bug them, probably the admissions tutor of the department should help me. You should try it too.
Reply 16
WOOHOOOOOO! Gues wot, I just talked 2 someone in the department of ma course who confirmed that the paperwork has been done and I've officially got a place! They said that my track should be updated soon and I'll be receiving my enrolement pack soon. Its worth calling up the admissions because my mind is at peace now as they definately confirmed everything to me :smile:
Reply 17
I'll give them another call now. Well done though!
Reply 18
I just rang the University now and turns out I had cocked it up as I was meant to email the admissions tutor some things before I added anything to track AND I added the wrong course! What an idiot.

Anyway, the admissions tutor was really helpful and said he thought everything could be sorted out within 24 hours! Great.

I feel such a fool for not doing it right though.
Reply 19
Ah no! Dont worry though, like you said, the admissions tutor helped you out so dont dwell on it. Hope its sorted out mate. And its very easy to make a mistake like this because its a very stressful time.

Latest

Trending

Trending