The Student Room Group

Late application to student finance

Hi was hoping someone could shed some light.

I applied for sfe on the 14/08 as I applied directly to the uni through clearing. I've sent all my evidence by post which was received by sfe on the 17/08 and I received a message saying we have received your supporting evidence but on the website it still says actions to complete please upload your supporting evidence. Is this normal? As I can't upload as they have my originals ie children birth certificate ect.

It also states that the next update is expected in April 2024 so I am now concerned that my tuition fee will not be paid in time. Does anyone know how likely is it that the tuition and maintenance loan will be approved by the end of September when I start the course?

Sorry for all the questions any guidance would be much appreciated
Original post by Mbracey64
Hi was hoping someone could shed some light.

I applied for sfe on the 14/08 as I applied directly to the uni through clearing. I've sent all my evidence by post which was received by sfe on the 17/08 and I received a message saying we have received your supporting evidence but on the website it still says actions to complete please upload your supporting evidence. Is this normal? As I can't upload as they have my originals ie children birth certificate ect.

It also states that the next update is expected in April 2024 so I am now concerned that my tuition fee will not be paid in time. Does anyone know how likely is it that the tuition and maintenance loan will be approved by the end of September when I start the course?

Sorry for all the questions any guidance would be much appreciated

Hi there,

I do apologise for the incorrect timescale showing on your account. I can confirm our current timescales are approximately 26 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes. If the evidence was received on the 17th of August, you would expect an update around the 26th of September. Please monitor your account around that date.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending