The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6440
Rrl has a placing at 12.5p if I understand correctly.
Original post by vn2009
Rrl has a placing at 12.5p if I understand correctly.

It does, they have already been taken up by ii's already. The price was decided a while back and was only about 6% discount on the SP.

RRL have paid $5m for the run way in Punty, and they have been given a large off shore block.

Would you pay $5m for the run way, and get a big block offshore if you didn't know that onshore was a success?
Reply 6442
living in the states so to buy RMP the only option is on the "grey market" - REMPF:Grey Market. Would really appreciate it if someone could explain what the grey market is?
Original post by jefh262
living in the states so to buy RMP the only option is on the "grey market" - REMPF:Grey Market. Would really appreciate it if someone could explain what the grey market is?

Can you trade on the Canadian stock exchange?

If your looking to buy RMP, you might aswell buy HRN.

They are the operator in Puntland, and they have 60% compared to the 20 of RMP and RRL.

They haven't rocketed quite like RMP, and are still at a decent price.
What do people think about buying into Glencore?
Reply 6445
thanks a lot will look into HRN
Reply 6446
Is all people talk about on this thread is Range Resources? There are other stocks out there
Original post by uni-mon
Is all people talk about on this thread is Range Resources? There are other stocks out there

Take it away.........
Reply 6448
Original post by uni-mon

Haha, you've clearly looked only at the last 2-3 pages... if you look at the last 100 pages, it's all about GKP :lol:
Yeah lets all talk about GMG, that's looking promising...
Reply 6450
Original post by Noble.
Haha, you've clearly looked only at the last 2-3 pages... if you look at the last 100 pages, it's all about GKP :lol:

Ha, type in rrl into the search bar and there are a ridiculous amount of comments about it.

Down 5% today hope for most people invested it goes back up long term.
Reply 6451
Original post by uni-mon
Ha, type in rrl into the search bar and there are a ridiculous amount of comments about it.

Down 5% today hope for most people invested it goes back up long term.

Both RMP and RRL shot up for very little reason and we're now seeing both gradually return. I wouldn't be surprised at all if RMP drops back down to 25p/share over the next 3 weeks, so I hope people didn't invest at the 48p/share price.

A lot of shares are quite dull, and I think considering how much money people on this forum are likely to invest (a few thousand at the max) it's a much more interesting proposition investing in the higher risk sectors, which is why there's a lot of discussion on GKP/RRL/RMP/HER.
Original post by Noble.
Both RMP and RRL shot up for very little reason and we're now seeing both gradually return. I wouldn't be surprised at all if RMP drops back down to 25p/share over the next 3 weeks, so I hope people didn't invest at the 48p/share price.

A lot of shares are quite dull, and I think considering how much money people on this forum are likely to invest (a few thousand at the max) it's a much more interesting proposition investing in the higher risk sectors, which is why there's a lot of discussion on GKP/RRL/RMP/HER.

On no reason? They updated on the Puntland drill.

Have you read it? Also a hell of alot of other stuff going on which points towards an oil find.
Reply 6453
Original post by arichmond64
On no reason? They updated on the Puntland drill.

Have you read it? Also a hell of alot of other stuff going on which points towards an oil find.

Ok, not for completely no reason, but RMP has closed at 40.0p today. The analysis of RMP for today stated that if it closed below 42.2p, the bottom target then becomes 35.5p. Even with the RNS, there wasn't much justification for the SP to go from 20p to 50p and IIRC, the spikes started happening quite a bit before the positive RNS. So was probably just a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon, who are now very quickly jumping back off (same as GKP a few weeks ago). I'm not saying RMP isn't potentially worth much more than its current SP, and the same goes for GKP, I have shares in the latter for a start. If I also remember correctly, RMP released an RNS stating they didn't have any update to give noting the fact the share price jumped up 40% for no reason.
Reply 6454
As I have said before rmp is overbought, it will fall back into low 30p range imo
Original post by Noble.
Ok, not for completely no reason, but RMP has closed at 40.0p today. The analysis of RMP for today stated that if it closed below 42.2p, the bottom target then becomes 35.5p. Even with the RNS, there wasn't much justification for the SP to go from 20p to 50p and IIRC, the spikes started happening quite a bit before the positive RNS. So was probably just a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon, who are now very quickly jumping back off (same as GKP a few weeks ago). I'm not saying RMP isn't potentially worth much more than its current SP, and the same goes for GKP, I have shares in the latter for a start. If I also remember correctly, RMP released an RNS stating they didn't have any update to give noting the fact the share price jumped up 40% for no reason.

It does appear to be overdone. I think I might sell most of my holding on Monday, because the retrace could continue as news isn't due for a couple of week.

That RNS release wasn't exactly accurate, they released an RNS saying they have all the makings of a big oil discovery, it was always going to rise. It rose before that RNS because there was a huge leak, it looked like it was a pretty much forced RNS which confirmed rumours.

GKP is a crazy situation, can't believe it reached over 400p then went down to as low as 220.
Reply 6456
It does appear to be overdone. I think I might sell most of my holding on Monday, because the retrace could continue as news isn't due for a couple of week.

That RNS release wasn't exactly accurate, they released an RNS saying they have all the makings of a big oil discovery, it was always going to rise. It rose before that RNS because there was a huge leak, it looked like it was a pretty much forced RNS which confirmed rumours.

GKP is a crazy situation, can't believe it reached over 400p then went down to as low as 220.

I don't know if you follow the discussion on iii, but someone recently found confirmation that GKP has had business meetings with China involving lawyers and financial people.
Original post by Noble.
I don't know if you follow the discussion on iii, but someone recently found confirmation that GKP has had business meetings with China involving lawyers and financial people.

With Synopec? Someone on LSE mentioned they have the biggest budget this year?

What do you mean by confirmation?

What is your avg. in GKP btw?
Reply 6458
With Synopec? Someone on LSE mentioned they have the biggest budget this year?

What do you mean by confirmation?

What is your avg. in GKP btw?

My average used to be about £2.20 or so, which was mostly 50% at £1.50 and the other 50% at £2.90, but I sold them all at ~£4 and bought a shed-load more shares at about £2.30 recently.
Reply 6459
Hi
I need some advice if anyone can give some I would be extremely grateful.
I've currently invested in xel, ntog and caza around £1900, however I purchases them around 350, 1.1, 45 and am losing now £1300. Also my stockbrokers charge me high fees if I don't invest every quarter and £15 to sell. If I sell my shares I will get out £547 left. I have £400 so I was thinking to invest in this and change to another stockbroker which has much lesser fees and invest my money in very safe shares as I have lost a lot of money and since I have held these shares for a long time in hope that they will rise I'm thinking of just going for a fresh start. Sorry that this is such a long post but I really need some help. What would you do if you were in my situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending