The Student Room Group

The Official Stocks and Shares Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by langy1
Yeah but surely if you lose it then you're screwed? How are you gonna pay it back then?

The same way I would pay it back if I used it for food I suppose haha. That's why I said don't do it unless you are willing to lose it :tongue:
Reply 6721
I honestly don't understand anything about stocks and shares...can someone please give me a brief explanation?
Reply 6722
Original post by noorul87
I honestly don't understand anything about stocks and shares...can someone please give me a brief explanation?

Same like you LOL!
eager to know about it.....
Reply 6723
Stocks are certainly doing well today. Every thing seems to be rising :biggrin:.
Reply 6724
Original post by high
Stocks are certainly doing well today. Every thing seems to be rising :biggrin:.

Yeah but in the scheme of things its small.
Reply 6725
Original post by Tushar9
Same like you LOL!
eager to know about it.....

Lol I only got interested in it when I heard people made millions with facebook overnight.
Lol I only got interested in it when I heard people made millions with facebook overnight.

Because they had millions to begin with, they just made more millions lol.
FB launch was a bit of a flop.
Reply 6727
Original post by Maccees
Because they had millions to begin with, they just made more millions lol.
FB launch was a bit of a flop.

Since you replied, can you please give me a brief explanation on stocks and shares? I seriously don't get anything..
Here's a good starting point as far as explaining financial markets goes

[video="youtube;D0uE1qi2A68"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0uE1qi2A68[/video]
Since you replied, can you please give me a brief explanation on stocks and shares? I seriously don't get anything..

A book I recommend for beginners is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Naked-Trader-Anyone-Trading/dp/0857191705/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337631107&sr=8-1

Very interesting and easy to read. Before you do anything, read that. It should pretty much answer all of your questions. If not come back on here and ask, quite a few friendly people :smile:

If you go about 20 pages back on this thread and read, you will see a few answers to things you might ask as well :smile:
Reply 6730
Original post by Maccees
A book I recommend for beginners is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Naked-Trader-Anyone-Trading/dp/0857191705/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337631107&sr=8-1

Very interesting and easy to read. Before you do anything, read that. It should pretty much answer all of your questions. If not come back on here and ask, quite a few friendly people :smile:

If you go about 20 pages back on this thread and read, you will see a few answers to things you might ask as well :smile:

cool thnx for the help
Considering we're recommending books i'd strongly recommend this one http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Wall-Street-Fifth-Edition/dp/0071633227 . It's the one i read and it's very good.
Reply 6732
Facebook perfected that IPO. Couldn't have done it better.
Lol @ facebook share price. I knew it would happen. It's not worth $100bn with ~$3.7bn revenue. I know it was based on "potential" in markets like China, but come on! Don't overvalue something before it's actually materialised. I'm waiting for it to drop below 25 dollars before I buy any, at which point worldwide censorship will fall, and facebook shares will rise to the price of Google's. It's a fool-proof plan, right? :rolleyes:
According to the BBC, shareholders are suing Facebook because they hid growth forecasts before its floatation.
Original post by Maccees
According to the BBC, shareholders are suing Facebook because they hid growth forecasts before its floatation.

Lol, i guess it was pretty obvious just from using facebook that it was a sort of bubble, its so overvalued..
Reply 6736
buy lamprell shares, dead cat bounce, will make 30% £1.30 in the next week ofc with a rumored Takeover
Original post by Maccees

I saw that. Ridiculous. You can't play the stock market then try to sue when things don't go your way. If Facebook and Goldman sachs can back up the floatation figures, they will get their way. This is exactly why I didn't invest immediately.
Original post by dominicjohnson
Lol @ facebook share price. I knew it would happen. It's not worth $100bn with ~$3.7bn revenue. I know it was based on "potential" in markets like China, but come on! Don't overvalue something before it's actually materialised. I'm waiting for it to drop below 25 dollars before I buy any, at which point worldwide censorship will fall, and facebook shares will rise to the price of Google's. It's a fool-proof plan, right? :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more, that is pretty much what i was gonna do, apart from i don't think it will hit 25, i was thinking more like 28/29!
Reply 6739
Anyone else here in USOP? Any predictions to where the share price will be heading to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending