The Student Room Group

Oxford History Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

How do we know when we'll hear from them? I know that interviews are the 8th-11th, right? So how do they define which day we'll hear on?

I'm applying to Balliol for straight History (V100) by the way :smile:
Reply 381
Hi
Well I am working on the principle that history interviews are early middle in the interview process,so likely to be friday, unlikely to be as late as next tuesday. But sadly this is not an exact science, but we all should know by this time next week. !! Wishing you all the best of luck !!
Hi have also applied to Brasenose

I just want to fin out out now even if its bad news
ahh so nervous!!!!!! I have applied to St Edmund Hall!
Original post by yeldonc
Heya
Yeah I know the replies are this week, just don't know exactly when, so would rather know sooner than later.

Is anyone applying for both History and Politics?
Good Luck !!

just got an interview invitation for history and politics at Magdalen :smile:
Good luck!
Reply 385
I just got an interview for History at Magdalen :biggrin:

REALLY REALLY REALLY NERVOUS.

Good luck everyone :smile:
DAMN YOUUUUU MAGDALENS :wink:

/That's fantastic guys, well done :biggrin: I'm so nervous now, I'd rather just get a rejection and end this waiting :P
i applied history at hertford and am going insane waiting for this rejection or interview letter, does anyone have any idea when we are likely to hear, im checking my email and wrestling the postman every morning atm!
Ah! To hear that the first interviews are being given out at Magdalen makes me even more nervous!
Original post by charlottees
i applied history at hertford and am going insane waiting for this rejection or interview letter, does anyone have any idea when we are likely to hear, im checking my email and wrestling the postman every morning atm!

Hertford invites for interview by email I think :smile:

Interview at Mansfield!
So Happy!
Reply 391
Well done ! What time of the day did you all find out? Goodness I am getting really nervous now, but not long left to wait I guess !!
Original post by yeldonc
Well done ! What time of the day did you all find out? Goodness I am getting really nervous now, but not long left to wait I guess !!

i got sent an email at like 9.00 this morning - i'm sure yours will come soon, and i hope its good news for you! :biggrin: which collage did you apply to?
YES!! I got an interview at St Edmund hall... so happy! x
Original post by lily-flower
ahh so nervous!!!!!! I have applied to St Edmund Hall!

I would be nervous too if I had an interview at Teddy Hall.

The old story is they throw you a rugby ball at interview. If you catch it, you're in. If you pass it on you get an exhibition. If you kick a drop goal through the window you get a scholarship.

PS You can tell this story dates from when exhibitions and scholarships were awarded on entry.
Reply 395
Just got an interview for Magdalen, BAM!
Ahhhhh so exciting!!!!
How's everyone preparing? :smile:
Reply 396
Anyone from Brasenose hear? I know Merton and Magdalen students have. Also I know Brasenose sent out rejections for Law today...
Original post by Stenner
Anyone from Brasenose hear? I know Merton and Magdalen students have. Also I know Brasenose sent out rejections for Law today...

I've heard nothing, but if some other faculties are sending out I reckon we shall follow shortly. Hopefully tomorrow!
Reply 398
Original post by Stenner

I applied for Hist and Politics at Merton and I haven't heard anything. Are you sure Merton has sent out interview invites yet? Maybe just for straight History, no joint schools?
Reply 399
Original post by harrietdaisy
I've heard nothing, but if some other faculties are sending out I reckon we shall follow shortly. Hopefully tomorrow!

Fat chance me being able to concentrate in school tomorrow then. Luckily I've only got one lesson all day, and that's in the morning, so I can drive home and check the post and cry my eyes out/jump for joy... good luck, see you up there hopefully. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending