The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
they takes ages!! Don't worry, i sent mine off in january and it wasn't cleared until may but they acknowledged it early april!!
Have you tried calling to find out where it's up to?

If you haven't heard anything then it's worth chasing slightly because they have a flair for losing things.
Reply 3
I know they do.. Who do I ring? Student Finance or is there a separate number?

Urgh, My condition is flaring up because of all this stress!!! Grr!!!
Ring student finance and ask to be put through, it's a separate team, but getting hold of their direct number is nigh on impossible.
I called SFE and asked to be put through to the DSA team (As was suggested on here) but they refused completely! So ask, but if they say no to you, you basically have to stay on hold whilst someone runs around the office like a mad person trying to work out what they're supposed to do. I'd give them a call as they lost my medical evidence, and when I spoke to them they claimed they were processing forms from the first week of August, so if they haven't got to yours yet, there may be a problem...
Reply 6
icedsarcasm
I called SFE and asked to be put through to the DSA team (As was suggested on here) but they refused completely! So ask, but if they say no to you, you basically have to stay on hold whilst someone runs around the office like a mad person trying to work out what they're supposed to do. I'd give them a call as they lost my medical evidence, and when I spoke to them they claimed they were processing forms from the first week of August, so if they haven't got to yours yet, there may be a problem...

O great :s
Reply 7
The most annoying bit of SFE -- even if there is a problem they never bother to tell you! I'd recommend you ring them up for certain, they should put you through with no issues -- I've never had a problem getting them to do it before personally.
Reply 8
I guess I'll have to..
Reply 9
O brilliant, they aren't going to put me on hold :frown:
Reply 10
They won't actually put staff from LEA's through to their DSA team either, so it's not just students.

Side note, but just some information I get from a supplier of DSA equipment, apparently they are dealing lots of quotes but receiving no orders from SFE, and it's an issue amongst multiple suppliers. They are saying it's because you need two forms completed to students, but this is completely untrue.
Reply 11
Taiko
They won't actually put staff from LEA's through to their DSA team either, so it's not just students.

Side note, but just some information I get from a supplier of DSA equipment, apparently they are dealing lots of quotes but receiving no orders from SFE, and it's an issue amongst multiple suppliers. They are saying it's because you need two forms completed to students, but this is completely untrue.

Thanks, I rang twenty times yesterday but all it did was tell me there was nobody available to talk. It cost mee everytime I ring up to hear that, and eventually I just couldn't bring myself to waste that money.
If anyone is sick of wasting money on the 0845 number for SFE, the landline which gets you through is 0141 243 3929. Much cheaper if 0845s aren't included in your minutes :smile:
Reply 13
That number was for international student enquiries, and is no longer available because students from the UK were abusing it.
Reply 14
Abusing it? I don't think using a number that doesn't cost anything compared to one that does is unreasonable :P, I think it's more unreasonable that we're expected to pay to be kept on hold for ridiculously long periods of time.

But on-topic, does the other number still work? 0141 306 2000
Reply 15
All other numbers actually go through to incorrect departments. It was being abused because that line was there to get callers from abroad through quicker, as the queries are usually more complex.

The only correct number for student finance england is 0845 300 5090.
Reply 16
Taiko
All other numbers actually go through to incorrect departments. It was being abused because that line was there to get callers from abroad through quicker, as the queries are usually more complex.

The only correct number for student finance england is 0845 300 5090.

I was given the other number some years ago by the student finance people themselves as a reasonable adjustment because I couldn't hold the phone long (prior to the online messaging, which I think is good if you can access it, I can't).
I used 0141 243 3929 last week and it worked, it just put me through to the usual "please type your ID number" bit and put me in the queue, which is fine - I don't mind being put in the queue, I just don't want to pay over the odds to be put on hold for half an hour.
Reply 18
Also just a note:

0141 243 3929

Still works :smile: . I'm using it right now.
TempusV
Also just a note:

0141 243 3929

Still works :smile: . I'm using it right now.

This number doesn't work anymore. Also, I can't even get through on the 0845 number. It just says that they are very busy and that I should call back later. It is so annoying.

Latest