The Student Room Group

What historical moment do you wish you could have witnessed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Chappaquiddick incident, one of the Rippers Killings so I could see who it was, Hitlers final moments, Walking on The Moon, 66 World Cup Victory, Ali reclaiming Heavyweight championship, Freddie Mercury tribute concert with GNR, assassianation of Kennedy, Jesus & his miracles, Big Bang and so much more.
Reply 21
turk1453
or the battle of gallipoli

Occupation of Constantinople 1918. Or any of the various discussions about the 'Eastern question' regarding the sick man of Europe during the 19th century.

LOL nah I'm just trolling :P
The Battles of Marathon, Salamis and Plataea would've been interesting to watch from afar also. Perhaps the greatest turning points in human history.
Nick_000
The Chappaquiddick incident, one of the Rippers Killings so I could see who it was, Hitlers final moments, Walking on The Moon, 66 World Cup Victory, Ali reclaiming Heavyweight championship, Freddie Mercury tribute concert with GNR, assassianation of Kennedy, Jesus & his miracles, Big Bang and so much more.

You were present at the Big Bang, you just didn't witness it.
thethinker
Rasputin's death

lol, this would've been a sight to behold.
Reply 25
OMG Nero killing his mother too! Damn I keep on remembering cool stuff to post on this thread lol.
necessarily benevolent
The Battles of Marathon, Salamis and Plataea would've been interesting to watch from afar also. Perhaps the greatest turning points in human history.

you ever read "What If?" by any chance?
Reply 27
indias independance
Reply 28
I can't guarantee that it actually happened. But if it did Christ's Crucifixion.
Reply 29
The British/French and German soldiers' football match on Christmas Day 1914.

Mao's victory speech in the Forbidden Palace, Beijing in Oct 1949 when he declares himself the ruler of the whole of China.

Dallas, Texas, 22nd November 1963.

Hitler's suicide?
Moe Lester
you ever read "What If?" by any chance?

Yes. Well, most of it. I haven't read them from start to finish if that's what you mean. Only dipped in and out of them. As interesting as counterfactuals may be, I don't believe they are essential to actual historical analysis. That said, I did spend a lot of my time trawling through 600 pages of Virtual History, edited by Niall Ferguson (I must concede, the afterword is quite humorous).
a beheading of a royal

or a coronation of a british monarch
For me there are too many but I would love to be around for Martin Luther Kings "I have a dream" Speech, Beginning of the world and when Jesus was around, generally the 80s and when The Globe was built and Hitler's death/end of WW2. Where is a tardis when you need one?
Fantastic question and fascinating reponses.

Boston Tea Party would have been fun. Certainly something of a world changing moment. I'd have liked to see JFK's assassination from the book depository...Would I have been standing next to Oswald?

Closer to my heart: I'd have sat in wonder watching Shakespeare (or whichever of the 5 possible writers of Shakespeare's works was doing it!) write Hamlet.

Can't get this question out of my head now!!
Reply 34
the building of the pyramids/stonehenge then i will know how it was done
Reply 35
D-Day, Stalingrad, Kursk, Waterloo, Crecy, Agincourt, Thermopylae, Watling Street, and hundreds more battles.
Reply 36
the moon landing but while on the moon and i wouldn't actually be bothered about the moon landing just the "on the moon" part
Reply 37
Bush getting slippered. :mmm:
Reply 38
_Fleur_
The British/French and German soldiers' football match on Christmas Day 1914.

:thumbsup:
Reply 39
The fifth Solvay conference in 1927 :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending