The Student Room Group

I've never received gifts on any Valentine's Day. Is it OK to be upset?

Not ever once over the past 27 years, while my friends receive loads of bouquets and snacks every year. Witnessing the disparity between them and me makes me upset. Is it OK?
Original post by ABBAForever2015
Not ever once over the past 27 years, while my friends receive loads of bouquets and snacks every year. Witnessing the disparity between them and me makes me upset. Is it OK?

It's more than okay to not receive anything for Valentine's day. You still have your friends and family who will be there for you all year round, not just for one day. I also didn't receive anything on Valentine's day but I like to bake little treats and give them to my friends on Valentine's as a token of appreciation. You could also do something similar if you wish.

Hope this helps

What occasion is Valentine’s Day though…?
Original post by User_name001
What occasion is Valentine’s Day though…?

I am not sure about the question.
Original post by serenejacob
It's more than okay to not receive anything for Valentine's day. You still have your friends and family who will be there for you all year round, not just for one day. I also didn't receive anything on Valentine's day but I like to bake little treats and give them to my friends on Valentine's as a token of appreciation. You could also do something similar if you wish.

Hope this helps

I agree. I may be overthinking. It is actually not that of a big deal.
I agree. I may be overthinking. It is actually not that of a big deal.
Yay!
Original post by serenejacob
Yay!
Thanks.
That's totally a normal emotion to feel! I have many friends who have not received Valentine's gifts before - to be fair, I never received one either.
No matter how alone you feel, remember there are people in the same situation as you! Moreover, you've got your friends, family, and even random strangers like us online!
I hope next time you do receive one, no matter who it may be from - I wish you all the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending