The Student Room Group
I went looking around on university websites at different courses and there were 400+ applications which only had 49 seats that they could accept. I also heard on the news that there are record numbers of students applying for university. If this is the case, then obviously there will be less places this year.
Reply 2
"fewer places.
cruciform
All in the title really. Worried though.:frown:

It depends on what the Universities want to do and how much money the government is willing to put into them

If our screwed up Labour government carry on how they are, then I have a suspicion that there won't be any more places this year (though I don't think there will be any fewer)

IMHO the government should be pouring money into University educations and at least making it possible for more people to get a uni education - regardless of the fact that a degree tends to increase your ability to earn more in later life (although there would be a valid debate as to the effectiveness of that if everybody had a degree, just like the vast majority of people having A-Levels making them less effective to employers).

The government shoudl also be increasing the amount of money available to students too IMHO, as students are far more likely to spend money in the economy instead of saving it - it's also likely to stop them getting into quite so much debt...

So, in summary, I've no idea, sorry :frown:, but I don't think there will be any more places than there are now, certainly with the way the Student Loans Company have completely ****** everything up...
Less places
I'd say more applications and fewer places on some courses.
I thought they said there were gonna be more places for 2010 but I put this thread up because I wasn't sure.

It says more places will be available next year: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8153591.stm
Reply 7
yes im appplying for 2010 entry thats why ive sen tmy UCAS this early so that it dosent get lost in the hundreads of applicants in the months to come. They did say they were increasing places, but that will only have a small effect. 10,000 pleaces reallly means an extra few places for each uni in the country for selected subjects lol
logic123
yes im appplying for 2010 entry thats why ive sen tmy UCAS this early so that it dosent get lost in the hundreads of applicants in the months to come. They did say they were increasing places, but that will only have a small effect. 10,000 pleaces reallly means an extra few places for each uni in the country for selected subjects lol

Mmm getting your application in early really is going to make the difference this year.

UCAS are usually extremely efficient and you should have no problems with them, it's Student Finance England you need to take extra care with, they're screwing over everything this year :P
Reply 9
well i sent mine away on saturday night already its saying my application has been processed by UCAS so pretty fast me thinks, so yeh i think getting it off extra early will be beneficial
logic123
well i sent mine away on saturday night already its saying my application has been processed by UCAS so pretty fast me thinks, so yeh i think getting it off extra early will be beneficial

Yeah especially as most unis allocate places on a first-come-first-served basis :smile:
Reply 11
lucky me then hehe

Latest

Trending

Trending