The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
He said there was a possibility that the Pope might visit Northern Ireland

I expect they'll roll out the extra bullet/egg proof pope-mobile for that :cool: What a pimp.
Reply 41
moreiniho
Seetickets is ******* rammed, can anyone else get through?

Try online mate. :wink:

Pope Tickets
Reply 42
I'm pretty happy about it - but its just another excuse for the muslims to riot.
CHAMON
Apparently he's coming next year to Great Britain, Brown is elated.

He's just a mere mortal, draining the finances of the gullible Catholics. (Plus a Nazi) :yep:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8271556.stm

As an educated man , and the beacon of the largest, richest religious organisation of the largest religious denomination in the entire world ever ; of course I am interested by the movement of a man that adherents claim to be God's spokesperson on earth.
You might hate the Vatican for their rich ways ; but you cannot deny the earth of culture , literature and ideologies that their illuminated exemplaries over the years have developed.

For that reason I am awed by the man and of course do care what he was to say.
He is the figurehead of the Catholic denomination. The largest single schism on earth.

And I'm a muslim , but there need not be a contradiction
Spacecam
I'm pretty happy about it - but its just another excuse for the muslims to riot.

What a bland generalisation.
I'm a muslim and I can't wait to follow the Pope's movements ; not because I want him to be bombed but because he is a respected figure.

Muslims would not riot if the Pope was there.
It is only when he makes foul remarks , that is when Muslims will say something. But that is the case.
Kind of like , a politician wearing a mink coat will have Animal right activists rioting.
Bible basher
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
I hate the man

ditto
Reply 47
Nope, as others have said

just a man in a dress.

:hehe:
I'm not a Catholic so... hm. I doubt I'll be going to see him or anything.
Reply 49
Phugoid
This. Except I hold a deep hatred for these people, as well as all the pity.

Why hatred?
Reply 50
So the Pope is coming to the UK, do I care?, no not really. Thats coming from a baptised Catholic too.
If I saw him I'd spit at his feet. No jokes.
Reply 52

I'd stand next to him and shout "The force is strong with this one!"
Reply 53
Nope, not me.
who actually cares?
who is he anyway, what does he actually do?

he's no better than the rest of us. :shifty:
Reply 55
Not arsed, but if there's a protest against him/Catholics/religion then I'll be there.
Evil man

BrightGirl
who is he anyway, what does he actually do?

He's... the Pope? God's representative on Earth.
From a Glasgow perspective, this should be fun. At least it'll get the bigots out in the open up here, and maybe liven up the days with a few stooshies.
I'm quite excited. Hopefully I can travel back from uni to London to catch a glimpse, depending on what he does :smile:
i want to party with him in soho

Latest

Trending

Trending