The Student Room Group

GCU Nursing Interview - help?!

Hi

I have an interview coming up very soon for Nursing at Glasgow Caledonian University (clearing) and they have sent an email with things that’ll be discussed in the group interview.

Part of it is:
Think about the role of the nurse in health care in Scotland today, and make a note of TWO values that you think are essential to be a good nurse. In health and social care values are the guiding principles that help to put the interests of the individual receiving care or support at the centre of everything we do.“

Essentially, I’m just confused because I can’t tell if I should be talking about the 6C’s of care here or if these values they’re referring to is values of the NHS such as dignity, trustworthiness etc. It’s more that I just don’t want to give my examples as 2 of the C’s in case we then go onto discuss them because I know GCU typically do go over them.

So just wondering if this is clearer for anyone else? Are they referring to values as the 6C’s here, or should I be talking about other values instead?

Would appreciate some guidance so so much!
Reply 1
Original post by 18sian02
Hi

I have an interview coming up very soon for Nursing at Glasgow Caledonian University (clearing) and they have sent an email with things that’ll be discussed in the group interview.

Part of it is:
Think about the role of the nurse in health care in Scotland today, and make a note of TWO values that you think are essential to be a good nurse. In health and social care values are the guiding principles that help to put the interests of the individual receiving care or support at the centre of everything we do.“

Essentially, I’m just confused because I can’t tell if I should be talking about the 6C’s of care here or if these values they’re referring to is values of the NHS such as dignity, trustworthiness etc. It’s more that I just don’t want to give my examples as 2 of the C’s in case we then go onto discuss them because I know GCU typically do go over them.

So just wondering if this is clearer for anyone else? Are they referring to values as the 6C’s here, or should I be talking about other values instead?

You can chose any values that you think are essential and this can include the 6Cs aswell. I had my nursing gcu interview in March and both my values were from the 6Cs and some people had also chosen 6Cs and some had not and both were correct.
Original post by username6330188
Hi

Part of it is:

Unfortunately nobody can give you exact details of what you need to do but as long as you research the information that you have been given from GCU then you will be fine.
I have put a few examples below about it.
Think about the role of the nurse in health care in Scotland today........

What is the role of a nurse in Scotland today.....
The key role of a nurse is to deliver person-centred, safe and effective care. Nurses help patients understand information about their diagnoses and treatment.

What is the role of a nurse today in Scotland.......
Nurses are in every community large and small providing expert care from birth to the end of life. Nurses' roles range from direct patient care and case management to establishing nursing practice standards, developing quality assurance procedures, and directing complex nursing care systems.

Understand the 6 C's of nursing
Perhaps read something about the role of the RCN and the NMC.

Best of luck with your upcoming interview with GCU.

Newly qualified NHS Scotland adult nurse.
Reply 3
Original post by username6330188
Hi

Part of it is:

Hi I was wondering how you got on. Was it the 6Cs you needed as I have my interview coming up and have the same information to provide thanks
My interview is tomorrow and I'm applied for bsc adult nursing in gcu . Can anyone answer me what kind of interview questions they asked ?
Original post by A*10082005
My interview is tomorrow and I'm applied for bsc adult nursing in gcu . Can anyone answer me what kind of interview questions they asked ?

Interview questions can't be shared on TSR as it gives an unfair advantage to those who follow. Read the following thread for some general advice for healthcare interviews:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending