The Student Room Group

Degree failed one module

I just got my exam result for resits for Hon BSc degree and I have failed one module.
I started to feel bit depressed from beginning of the year as I didn’t got the results that I was aiming for from winter exams. My ex housemate did runner on me without paying his uitility bill share and had 48 hours to pay off or would have gone to court. Anyway it was sorted somehow. After handing in my dissertation I start to feel stressed out, couldn’t revise for the exams. Went to GP, she diagnosed me with depressed/anxiety disorder, So I had to defer my exam to august. I went for counseling which kind of help but I was still feeling low and got worse as I hated myself not able to finished my degree this summer. I spent all my summer in my bedroom alone. I had constant suicidal thought. August came, went to do my first exam in the morning … during the exam my mind went blank and had panic attack… so did my exam that afternoon. I thought I had fail it so start to feel low and I was thinking of not doing last exam. But Having long chat with my friend I decided to do my last exam which wente even worse than first one.

So does any one know if I could repeat fail module again next year or have I fail my whole degree.??? Any suggestion .. I would really appreciate it. thanks. This is my first ever post in internet.
P.S I got 60% in my overall degree.
Reply 1
The only way to know is to call the uni.

Best of luck
Reply 2
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to repeat the module but it will be capped at 40%. I would recommend you phone your programmes administrator or just have a chat with them at the uni. They will have dealt with this situation before and should be really helpful. We can't tell you what you can do as every university has different procedures.
TwoDot
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to repeat the module but it will be capped at 40%. I would recommend you phone your programmes administrator or just have a chat with them at the uni. They will have dealt with this situation before and should be really helpful. We can't tell you what you can do as every university has different procedures.

Doesn't usually work the same in final year, josé. At Keele you couldn't usually resit 3rd-year modules without repeating the whole year. Even then you needed a good reason for them to "let" you have another go at it (though I imagine the OP would qualify for that).
Call the uni and ask its all you can do
Reply 5
Hey. It seems like you have extenuating circumstances.. what you should do is get a docs note and the assessment board will take that into consideration! Dont be depressed in a couple of years time from now you will be laughing at this predicament thinking why was i soo depressed. Life always throws these kinds of problems but you just have to pick yourself up! They wont throw you out. If you fail they may make you redo the year again (mods which you have failed) but depending on how nice they are feeling.. they may allow you to progress onto the next year if they feel you should! Hope this helped! :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending