The Student Room Group

Failing 3rd Year Psychology Research Module, pass degree but not BPS accredited

So long story short- I got diagnosed with a rare neurological condition that has massively influenced my life both academically and outside of it. It has been very hard to do work and I've been massively failing to do my work.

I'm not sure if I can even pass this module tbh, and I've been given extensions and deadlines but its not enough. I am still willing to do my best of course and I want to pass this degree.

I am just worried that if I do end up failing this module but passing my other modules to end up with a 2:1, will my Uni not let me graduate with my degree since I failed the BPS degree or would they let me graduate but with a non-BPS accredited Psychology degree?
Original post by Anonymous #1
So long story short- I got diagnosed with a rare neurological condition that has massively influenced my life both academically and outside of it. It has been very hard to do work and I've been massively failing to do my work.

I'm not sure if I can even pass this module tbh, and I've been given extensions and deadlines but its not enough. I am still willing to do my best of course and I want to pass this degree.

I am just worried that if I do end up failing this module but passing my other modules to end up with a 2:1, will my Uni not let me graduate with my degree since I failed the BPS degree or would they let me graduate but with a non-BPS accredited Psychology degree?

Do you need all 120 credits in third year to be awarded an honours degree?
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that the diagnosis has impacted your academic and personal life.

Have you spoken to someone at the university who you can talk to about support with passing the module? As you say, these are unique circumstances so letting them know that extensions is not enough may give them insight into how to better support you.

For example, would more one to one time with an academic and some more guidance on an assignment help?

Do you have an academic tutor you could talk to/they point you in the right direction to find out an answer to your last question? It is always best to ask your university as they can be made aware of your situation and you are given a more concrete and reassuring answer.

I hope this helps and wish you all the best.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending