The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
A_master
Nah just work alone, need to get people to spot my bench as it gets near 50-60kg though hence I had to start on small weights.

Though I do get chatting to folk each time and they seem happy to help, some massive guy asked me if I wanted a spot today and I declined lol (thought he was gonna massacre me haha)

Surely you can just put it into the lower slot if you start to fail? I mean if your sticking it up 2.5kg you wont fail on 1st rep if you can do 5 of 2.5kg lower.
Rucklo
Surely you can just put it into the lower slot if you start to fail? I mean if your sticking it up 2.5kg you wont fail on 1st rep if you can do 5 of 2.5kg lower.

Only have one slot on our one which we move up and down as needed. I'm just being extra careful (read pussy) :p:
Reply 182
i also need spotting, the second bar is to high. if i can't push it up then i fail. We're not all pumped with roids like you ruck :p:
Reply 183
i also need spotting, the second bar is to high. if i can't push it up then i fail. We're not all pumped with roids like you ruck :p:

Lmaoo, i'm actually wondering if they are actually helping, 0.5 inch in 18 days is pretty damn good considering I havn't done barely any direct bicep work.
Reply 184
I imagine they help you digest more food, but along with you struggling to eat food its fairly balanced to normal probably..

I mean yeah, you're pumped like a powerlifter with that stuff :ninja: hence the gains!
Reply 185
I imagine they help you digest more food, but along with you struggling to eat food its fairly balanced to normal probably..

I mean yeah, you're pumped like a powerlifter with that stuff :ninja: hence the gains!

Just researched it and apparently it's got no benefit for muscle gain and if anything it makes it harder :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:.
Reply 186
but for strength gain its awesome :gthumb:
Reply 187
What the **** are you clowns talking about now?
Reply 188
SMed
What the **** are you clowns talking about now?

He is on a type of steroids but its to go along with his chemotherapy not weight lifting. I just like to think it helps strength gains so i have an excuse for when all his lifts overtake mine
Reply 189
UNF!

Seriously who cares, you have nice arms. Tbh if you have nice arms you can get away with anything
Reply 190
I just had an epic fail, been putting surgical spirit on my hands last few days to get skin harder. I did it, and went for a piss and yeah, OMFG that stung.
Reply 191
Jarexi
UNF!

Seriously who cares, you have nice arms. Tbh if you have nice arms you can get away with anything

Who shouldn't care about what?

and :facepalm:

Why do you want harder skin so much lmao
Reply 192
Jarexi
UNF!

This is a fitness blog, what do you expect really? :biggrin:

And since when have arm's meant you can get away with thing's? :eek:

Why do you want harder skin so much lmao

Deadlifting, my hands really ******* hurt, only think stopping me sticking weight up by 20kg+ is my ****** grip.
Reply 193
You using chalk and alternate grip?
Reply 194
Yeah it's not really that I lose grip it just hurt's so much that i'm having to not grip it right to miss that certain area of my hand. I will see if its improved it tommorow.
Reply 195
awesome, 95kg will it be? speak to ya tomo..
Reply 196
Still got a beast of a headache, not going to gym, will try sort myself out tonight, been sleeping mainly.

Went for appointment, apparently it's just the swelling pressing on some of my nerves or something or other, got to have a scan later in week to see how close the swelling is to the main nerves that control breathing, heart beat etc because if it annoys them then its good nigghtttttt.
Reply 197
Hope all goes well :smile:
Rucklo
Still got a beast of a headache, not going to gym, will try sort myself out tonight, been sleeping mainly.

Went for appointment, apparently it's just the swelling pressing on some of my nerves or something or other, got to have a scan later in week to see how close the swelling is to the main nerves that control breathing, heart beat etc because if it annoys them then its good nigghtttttt.

:eek3:
Reply 199
A_master
:eek3:

It'l be fine man, if they thought it was in immediate danger of happening I would be in a hospital bed right now so i'm not going to panic.

And thanks 7's

Latest