The Student Room Group

Getting back on the weight loss campaign freshers week

Right, i have managed to successfully spill out of most of my waistbands now due to the sheer level of beer, cider and crappy food from freshers, a complete undoing of all my hard work over the summer (Y)

So.. time to get back into shape i feel as my term starts, stopping social smoking, and switching to vodka instead of beer (Well at least planning to!) eating healthy.

Running AND gym.

This will more than likely be agony, but absolutely essential, i still have lots of clothes to fit into which will spare my urge to spend on new stuff as the months go by.

Anyone else in my position??
Reply 1
first things first stop contraditing yourself. eat healthy but drink vodka? you can have one or the other the unhealthy liver causing cancer drink or the healthy eating your choice, i love it when people drink alcohol but then say im heating healthy food, total contradiction
Reply 2
logic123
first things first stop contraditing yourself. eat healthy but drink vodka? you can have one or the other the unhealthy liver causing cancer drink or the healthy eating your choice, i love it when people drink alcohol but then say im heating healthy food, total contradiction

Ha, fair enough

im just being honest to my self in saying that, being a fresher, binge drinking is inevitable, im just looking at the calorie content!!

And i lost a lot of weight before completely cutting the calories from food and training at the gym, but still drinking!
Reply 3
Vodka has no sugar in it, so it's a 'lite' alcohol. I had a friend with kidney problems who was given the go ahead to drink vodka but no other alcohol, as it's so pure. Drinking it straight is even better. :smile: And drinking within moderation is unlikely to lead to problems so early in life.
Umm how did you put on so much weight in one week? I doubt you are spilling over your waistband yet lol....

Latest

Trending

Trending