The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

JordanCarroll
yeah! im sure they will see the enthusiasm shine through :biggrin:
hahaaa!

how comes you were unsuccessful first time round :frown: ?

Ah, can you imagineme saying ina very dangerously soft voice "Wellcome to my operating theatre" :biggrin:
I had **** GCSE's - BCC for English, Maths and Citizenship respectively(serious exceptional circumstances) I was going to re-apply, but ABB at A-Levels demolished last chances taht I had :frown:
But I look forward to gradmed and I expect to improve on work experience and stuff, plus I will be on the same footing as everyone else at postgrad level, whereas as an undergrad I would have probably still got 4 rejections, due to my GCSE's, circumstances or no circumstances :rolleyes:
AutVinceriAutMori
Ah, can you imagineme saying ina very dangerously soft voice "Wellcome to my operating theatre" :biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

and ahh thats lame :/
yeah you already have this HCA job lined up right from the start :smile:
thats gota show determination :smile:

you will get gradmed :h:

in the incidence i get 4 rejections :frown: hopefully do chem at UCL but thats not exactly aiming low all that same :|
My friend broke hers when she fell off her bike, but they just left it because there was nothing they could do about it, and it wasn't causing her any pain, but now she has a lump. I think it healed fine though :s-smilie:
JordanCarroll
:biggrin: :biggrin:

and ahh thats lame :/
yeah you already have this HCA job lined up right from the start :smile:
thats gota show determination :smile:

you will get gradmed :h:

in the incidence i get 4 rejections :frown: hopefully do chem at UCL but thats not exactly aiming low all that same :|

Well, I hope I get the job tomorrrow, and don't run away, screaming, from it :p:
And I hope I will do gradmed, I keep planning what school and what terst, and then realise I still have 3 years of hardcore studying to go through :p:
And lets hope you will get in, all the best ! I am sure you will be a medic sooner than me :wink: Chemistry is lovely subject in its own right, I never viewewd it as a way to get to gradmed, thats why I picked this subject and not biomed or nursing. I ended up saying that to my Chem admissions tutor :p: Plus, apparently there is a lack of chemists nationwide, so high career prospects :p: But hopefully you will do Med :yep:
I broke my collarbone in the exact same place (and on my left side, too!) because I was horse riding and I fell off the side, hitting my elbow on a fence which pushed my arm up too hard, breaking the clavicle. I too have a massive lump where it's healed, it kind of sticks out like a triangle, and I can't sleep on that side because it puts too much stress on it and it hurts in the morning. I broke my bone last march, so I do worry a bit, but I think its more to do with the way mine has healed because its at a different angle now. If it is really bothering you, then maybe you should check in with the doctor and have a see what they can do :smile:
bananaslug77
I broke my collarbone in the exact same place (and on my left side, too!) because I was horse riding and I fell off the side, hitting my elbow on a fence which pushed my arm up too hard, breaking the clavicle. I too have a massive lump where it's healed, it kind of sticks out like a triangle, and I can't sleep on that side because it puts too much stress on it and it hurts in the morning. I broke my bone last march, so I do worry a bit, but I think its more to do with the way mine has healed because its at a different angle now. If it is really bothering you, then maybe you should check in with the doctor and have a see what they can do :smile:

you seem to be in the exact same position as me, but earlier in the healing process,
as i have not trouble sleeping on it etc,
but i spose massive sticky out bones ftw eh? :shifty:
AutVinceriAutMori
Well, I hope I get the job tomorrrow, and don't run away, screaming, from it :p:
And I hope I will do gradmed, I keep planning what school and what terst, and then realise I still have 3 years of hardcore studying to go through :p:
And lets hope you will get in, all the best ! I am sure you will be a medic sooner than me :wink: Chemistry is lovely subject in its own right, I never viewewd it as a way to get to gradmed, thats why I picked this subject and not biomed or nursing. I ended up saying that to my Chem admissions tutor :p: Plus, apparently there is a lack of chemists nationwide, so high career prospects :p: But hopefully you will do Med :yep:

yeah! Chemistry is definitely an awesome subject in its own right,
tbh if i didnt get in med first time round i dont know if i would try again :/
im sure i would make a different decision if it actually came to that though :p:
yeah thanks for the luck :wink:
i'll be needing it! :biggrin:
JordanCarroll
yeah! Chemistry is definitely an awesome subject in its own right,
tbh if i didnt get in med first time round i dont know if i would try again :/
im sure i would make a different decision if it actually came to that though :p:
yeah thanks for the luck :wink:
i'll be needing it! :biggrin:

Aww, we will be crosssing our fingers for you :yep:
Oh, btw, my mother aid sometimes, when you break a bone and it then mends, it forms extra bone tissue around the place, a bit like callus on skin, so this could account for the bump? Still check with real doc though, my mother is an infectionist and didnt deal much with trauma (she remembers it from her course :p:)
I broke mine about 4 years ago falling on a horse and it's never fully healed. It sticks out about an inch and is permanently curved.

I did Duke of Edinburgh Gold with a pack on it and it caused me so much trouble I had an xray on it and the doctor then just said that it never healed properly but because it wasn't still fractured anywhere they couldn't operate on it.
AutVinceriAutMori
Aww, we will be crosssing our fingers for you :yep:
Oh, btw, my mother aid sometimes, when you break a bone and it then mends, it forms extra bone tissue around the place, a bit like callus on skin, so this could account for the bump? Still check with real doc though, my mother is an infectionist and didnt deal much with trauma (she remembers it from her course :p:)

i remember asking a doc about it when i first done it, whilst shadowing him at my GP,
and he said that it was that :smile: and it would go down, but obv not that quickly it seems lol...
i need to sleep son bad but im looking at successful/unsuccessful applicant profiles...
JordanCarroll
i remember asking a doc about it when i first done it, whilst shadowing him at my GP,
and he said that it was that :smile: and it would go down, but obv not that quickly it seems lol...
i need to sleep son bad but im looking at successful/unsuccessful applicant profiles...

that will make you go into deprerssion, that thread :p: It totallly driven into despair- imagine, everyone else with tonns of work exp, AAAAAAAA at As, AAAAA at A2, A*x10 at GCSE, and me with my pitiful stats :p: Though I suppose yours are better (anyones would be :p:)
Don't mean to sound bitter or anything :p:
Reply 31
I couldn't say I've broken my neck or collarbone, but I near-enough tore my platysma muscle in the neck in too taking a bad fall in professional wrestling training two years ago. Needed physiotherapy and it hasn't been the same since
ouch sounds painful mate...still, could talk about it in your interview :p: Every cloud and all that :rolleyes:

EDIT: Get well soon! :biggrin:
AutVinceriAutMori
that will make you go into deprerssion, that thread :p: It totallly driven into despair- imagine, everyone else with tonns of work exp, AAAAAAAA at As, AAAAA at A2, A*x10 at GCSE, and me with my pitiful stats :p: Though I suppose yours are better (anyones would be :p:)
Don't mean to sound bitter or anything :p:

i think that was an accurate summary of it tbh :p:
there were a few with human AS grades like abbb/aabb etc phew :biggrin:
UCAS is with referee now, so hopefully should be off soon :smile:
night! :biggrin:
JordanCarroll
i think that was an accurate summary of it tbh :p:
there were a few with human AS grades like abbb/aabb etc phew :biggrin:
UCAS is with referee now, so hopefully should be off soon :smile:
night! :biggrin:

Night! May UCAS gods smile on you :p:
But human As grades are few and far between :p: